Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SE Pro LCD screen out

Jrussjacket

Can some please help me! My warranty is out on my SE Pro, gonna be 900 for new control box. Machine still works fine but can't see screen. This really doesn't matter to me because I don't really use the screen anyway. Only issue is, I accidentally reset it to factory settings and I need some type of step by step instructions to get it back I to ferrous sounds. If anyone could help me I'd really appreciate it!

Mine did the same thing the other day. I checked it was working at my car and by the Harbour then down the beach but when I got to the detecting area no screen. I just sat down for a snack put the machine with the screen facing the sun, within 10 mins all back to normal, the back of the screen filled up with condensation then cleared.
Hope this may be of help.
P.S.
Previously I have taken the screws out of the control box lifted the top so air could get in and leave it in the portch for a couple of days, that also seemed to start it working again.
Sorry but I treat my SE pro very badly but it still seems to work after 5 years.

GET A NEW BOARD OUTSIDE OF MINELAB FOR YOUR DETECTOR... FOR OUTDATED MACHINES MINELAB STOPPED REPAIRING!

Email Tony Hunt in England. He used to work for Minelab and was one who developed the screen for the Explorer series and now has is own company making out dated boards for the old Explorers. I bought a brand new board for my 2002 Explorer XS from him last year for only $75.. better than the original board! TonyHunt123@gmail.com Good luck..I hope he can help you! John