Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SE Pro Pin Point question,,

BJ in Okla.

When I find a target and want to check it out in the Pin Point mode with my SE Pro,, I end up turning the PP mode on and off several times to get the pp mode to be quite...Most times its a loud sound and will not be quite, so I can pin point and size the target.
This is on clean ground or in the air....

Now I also have a Explorer ll and I do not have this problem, turn PP mode on, and its there.....

Are all SE's this way or do I have a problem with mine ???

Thanks...BJ

BJ, Its OK...They are different...You will get it after a bit... wildherre

Hi Ken,
I have been using my SE this way since last year, I just thought there was something wrong with it...
When I get it Right, it works fine.
Thanks for your reply.
BJ

BJ --

Do this: find a target, move the coil about a foot to the side of the target, over CLEAN ground (no tones, no nulling of the threshold). Hovering the same height above ground that you sweep your coil at, enter pinpoint mode. LEAVE the coil stationary for a second or so, and THEN sweep back over the target.

That should do it...

Steve

I have the same thing happen about every time. I use the wiggle technique most of time to pinpoint.

I just wiggle the target to the tip and dig. BUT.... when i use the PP i raise the coil above the target about a foot or so and turn it on. Then lower it to the target. If you do it to close to the ground on the side you can pick up other targets. It especially like iron. Sounds like its going into VCO where its reducing the target size.... much like it does on a large surface target. Do you have someone you hunt with that has an SE? If so have them try it.

Dew

I hunt with 2 guys name Steve that have the SE Pro's..

I have tried raising the coil, but may be I raised it to high...

I have no problems with my Explorer ll...

Thanks....BJ

NOW... with the inline probe i get the problem you are talking about. It gets irritating much like switching over to the main coil before you go out of PP. Your machine may be a little hot and sensitive. Possibly i dont use it enough anymore to realize it.... but if the probe is an indicator.... then its normal. The Exp II doesnt have the same PP system does it? I know our screens operate during PP and im not certain about ratcheting down the sound.

Dew

I too dislike the pinpoint mode on the SE pro. I have to really raise the coil over the area to keep it quiet enough to find it the target. The XS was never a problem for me. I try not to use the PP mode now, but I don't really coin hunt. I relic hunt in the woods and can dig big holes. It's not like trying to be careful in someone's nice lawn. When I do find a coin though - it is a very nice bonus!

Dew,
I don't have the Sun Ray Probe, X-1 on my SE......

I do have the Sun Ray Probe, X-1 on my Explorer ll, but have not used it yet...

I think there is a difference in the pin point mode on both units.

I do have the Uni Probe head phones, and I have problems using the probe part of the head phones, the bigger the coil, the more talk I get.
I make sure the coil is as far away as I can get it from the hole, where the target is, also I have to adjust the head phones.... They are P I ..Not VLF.

BJ

D. R.
I only use the PP mode to size with...

I liked the PP mode on the E-Trac the best...

Good pin pointing is a must when your digging in hard dry ground here and other places...

BJ

Most hand helds are PI format as well.... they do cause EMI feed back on MOST detectors. But the headphones PP arent on at the same time your detector is in PP are they? I wouldnt think so, and they should have no affect when not in PP.

Dew

Dew,
The Uni Probe are not on when I am trying to use the PP mode on the SE...

I under stand that the Garrett Pro pointer is a VLF...

BJ