Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SE PRO vs E-TRAC in heavy mineralized soils

akille68

I'd like to buy one of this two machines, but would like to know which one handles hot soils better.
Thank You. Ale

that it's all depends on who is operating the machine.

One person might feel the E-Trac is better while another user might feel like the SE is better.

It can vary 100% depending on what settings you are running...hunt style and speed you use... and what coil is at the end of the shaft.

I'm sure someone might have some technical specs that are supposed to prove one way over the other:cool:...and I'll still state... it all depends on the variables I mentioned above...and probably a few more as well.:beers:

utahshovelhead said:
I tested my E trac on the hot desert soil and it was so HOT that It melted. Sorry thats the best I can do.

shovelhead,

What is the melt value of an E-trac?

Rich (Utah)

If my reading serves me correctly FBS was developed in Aussie land to deal with the HOT soil there and be an improvement over the single freq. Im not sure the Tech. changed except maybe recovery, the way the screen and targets are arranged plus a few more bells to make it easier to use out of the box. So i kind of like Bryces answer on this one. Once the minor upgrades are considered then you have to factor in the person using the machine.

Dew

About the only thing that might make a difference is the E-Trac usually is a tiny bit more stable/quiet .Both are a bit unruly in max manual sensitivity in heavy trash as well as heavy minerals.Either are deadly on deep coins in heavy minerlized soils with the great bonus of not having to try and keep them ground balanced every few feet:thumbup:

I found that big different is coils! I never used minelab 11 pro and I cant say how its on hot rocks I just know its deeper by inch compare with 1000-1050!, but my few 1000 and 1050 works perfect! quiet! except third one 1000 like hot rocks to much!! excelerator 10x14 coil, too very very sensitive :cry: to hot rocky rocks!!