Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SE Pro with Ultimate Coil .... GOLD!

tiftaaft

Pretty quiet here on the Explorer Forum... Thought I would post my find from a park hunt yesterday. My intent was to spend time around the outward edges of the park, near the wooded areas and old tree line, which I did and found the normal assortment of clad and rusty iron... one very worn teens wheat (could only make out 191?). So I decided to take a pass at the connected soccer field. I hit a solid mid tone on the edge of the field near the sideline... I use the cursor, so I'm not sure what the id numbers were.. but it was ringing below a zinc and above a nickel. (tested after with my Etrac and it was 12-28 to 13-29). About 3 inches down... a nice 6g. 10K band! Gold #3 for the year. HH Tim.

Thanks Steve!... yes, I am anxious to go back out and dig a pocket full of pull tabs in hopes one turns out to be some more gold:) And you are right.. I really like the way the Ultimate coil pairs with the Explorer!!

Very nice find. Where I hunt, and how I hunt it's very unlikely I'll find one of those, except by dumb luck.

Congrats! I went out today and got skunked. It did feel good to stretch my legs. Drove by a couple of spots but the corn was still in.

DougF said:
Very nice find. Where I hunt, and how I hunt it's very unlikely I'll find one of those, except by dumb luck.

Doug -- same here, for the most part. Probably why I have one, single, broken (10K) gold ring (that rang up like an IH penny in an area I was digging IHs) in seven years of frequent, intense detecting! LOL!

Steve

Thanks Tony, Doug and Ted... I agree location is key... I could say the same thing about finding any old silver or copper coins around my neck of the woods... probably more dumb luck than anything. Good Luck!! Tim.

BAM you smacked a gold band well done Tim :clapping: Targets above nickel but below zinc cents, so long as they are left of lead on the screen frequently gold or small silver or something interesting I dig all those inbetween ID's like that.

Gold is always a little sweeter .. :thumbup: