Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Se pro

Nw digger

Hi guys I purchased a se pro about 6 months ago and love it. I have been able to find about 8 silvers so far and a IH, with the 100+ hours I've spent with my machine I feel that I've been doing it all wrong setting wise. My machine came with Andy's book and I read it from front to back so I have used Bryce's settings except I use -8 variability from the start. My sensativity has always stayed at manual 22-24 and that's where I think I've gone wrong. I live in a state with highly mineralized soil and think I might be missing targets with to high sensitivity. I swing really slow thinking that a silver will always be really deep and I will miss it with a fast sweep but from others in my area are finding them at 4-7" max. Am I missing shallow silver due to high sens or am I just looking to much into this?

I dont think you are wrong, lower manual sensitivity for bigger targets like your coins dont make very big different, secondly its very easy to push button and raise to 25 or 28, dont forget Gain it can make deeper or small targets louder and keep coil low.