Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SE Pro

Fletch88

After owning an Etrac and CTX a couple years ago and then selling both machines I've decided to try an SE Pro. I've always heard many people say the Explorer has a sweeter silver tone and reading reading through many of the posts here over the last few days, I think it's time to come back to a Minelab FBS machine. One question I have is does the Explorer not have a TTF option? Also I know Minelab doesn't support older explorers but do the still support newer SE Pro?

Thanks,
Walt

Don't have an SE Pro, but page 65 of the manual has information on how targets are presented in the head-phones based on the selection of (Sounds (Conduct or Ferrous))... The illustrations are well done...

Robert

No, on the TTF Ferrous option. I explain how Conductive vs Ferrous differentiates in my sticky post at the top of this forum area.
Yes, Minelab is still currently servicing the SE line as far as I know. Although it also has been discontinued.
There is a company that can still service all the Explorers even the original Explorer if need be also. This also can be found in my sticky at the top of the forum.
Best of luck in your return.

Received the machine from Richard at Backwoods Detectirs today. Everything checks out and machine must have sat in someone's closet since it was new! I had forgotten how heavy the Etrac/ Explorer machines are but love the sweet warbbly silver tone it makes. As I have read I guess most people run in Ferrous audio. i did a reset and played around in coin mode and iron mask. Will take some getting use to coming back from the Etrac but I think I will like it!