Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SE Problem Solved

at least my problem of not getting depth. The new se must be more sensitive to outside interference then the ex2. I have been noise canceling by pointing the coil towards the airport or cell tower which ever is the closest where I'm detecting. Then I noise cancel again about 18 inches off the ground. This has done the trick for me.

Thanks Larry.

Snowy

Does your SE seem to take longer to noise cancel than your EX II does?

I have had several EX II in the past and I just don't remember them taking as long as the SE. I think if there is any problem with the SE it make be it's ability to find a clear set of channels. I have noticed that I make have to run the noise cancel a few times before it works good. I have turned down the sensivity, around 15, done a noise cancel, and then turned the sens back up. This seems to works ok.

So Larry based on what you are doing and what I am seeing I just wonder if that's the deal with the SE...just a little trouble at finding a clear channel.

I do know it's one heck of a detector. About an hour ago I took it out in my front yard. I got a nice repeatable signal at about 4 inches. The numbers were jumping around a little but not much. I went inside and got my MXT. In coin mode it would barely see the signal. In relic mode it did a little better. In any case I would have not found it with the MXT unless I knew where it was first. The I went and got my CZ5. It gave off a weak repeatable signal but nothing like the SE. I have 6 detectors but decided to stop there and see what the signal was. It turned out to be a highly corroded dime on edge at about 5 inches. Pretty cool if you ask me that the SE picked it out so well.

As far as SE problems..I think they may need to take a look at the noise cancel function. It just doesn't seem to work as good as the EX II.

What do you think?

Harold

I have a similar problem with my new SE. My partner has an EXII and we noise cancel right off the get go. when I also had an EXII we would noise cancel and i wouldn't hear and interference. Now with the SE after NC I still get a lot of interference when I am near the EXII.
Whats going on Minelab, FESS UP!!!

Just go into the menu and hand select a channel to run on.
It may be that you are to close to your hunting buddy for the SE to lock onto a clear channel when you noise cancel, give it some space and try it on automatic first and if that doesn't work, go manual.

Mike

Harold
It does seem to take just a bit longer. I really think the se is just more sensitive to outside interference and it takes longer to find the "right" channel. After I started noise canceling by pointing it in the direction of my interference, my problem ended. I just hope this works for others.

Larry,
is this the sort of pointing you meant when you say you point your coil towards the noise scource???
[attachment 41567 Tuning.jpg]

HH

Snowy:twodetecting:

thanks Mike I'll try that.