Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SE upper rod cam lock - can one get parts?

monindou

Howdy guys.

I've seen this talked about in the past but I can't seem to find the threads on it.

The upper rod cam lock - the one that locks the lower rod in - is kaput. A little sliver of metal that wedged in somewhere has come out. I have the piece of metal but I don't see where it wedged into to make the cam lock lock down.

I'm guessing I can get a replacement cam lock & I can replace the cam lock myself.; I'm hoping that I don't have to send it in. I've read where guy just use some tape to "thicken" things up and that works, but I'd like to not do that.

Anyway if anyone has any experience with this please let me know.

Thanks a lot,
Doug M.

Doug...it might be just as easy to find a used upper rod. Many of the guys I know take the rod off anyway because they buy the Sunray probe mounted on a new upper rod. I see them on te auction sites and also the classifieds here often. Just a thought.

I called up Minelab and they sent me out a new pressure pad. I had to tap out the little brass pin to remove the lever and replace the pad. My machine was still under warranty at the time.

Thanks guys.

BTW, I was looking at it and the sliver of metal fits under where the plastic cam cam's down on the red pressure pad. I'm going to try using a little Shoe Goo to see if I can't just make the mend. I'll also give Minelab folks a call to check on a part. With a little contortion It kind of looks to me that one might be able to push the red pressure bad out the front of the rod with out pulling the pin on the lever.