Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SE Versions Identifier

5900_XL-1

I just bought a used SE Pro, well it at least came with a Pro Coil. Is there a label or a screen at power up that specifially says "SE Pro?" If not, how can you tell. I understand that the SE and SE Pro differences is supposedly only the Pro Coil, yet research I've done hints that software upgrades were done on the SE Pro.

Is it possible to just have an SE box with a Pro coil and be missing add-ons?

There are no add ons,the se and pro are the same machine and there is absolutely no difference performance wise.
I believe the "pro" label came about because of earlier se's having problems with the slimline coil which affected sales.Minelab simply put the pro coil on it,marketed it as the se pro and bang.......sales increased dramatically.
Don't worry about your machine,it's an se with a better coil,you are not missing out and you have a great detector that will serve you well.

Actual se pro says (professional) in red letters on the side of the control box.Iv owned both the real se pro and a se with a pro coil,,never saw any difference.

Here is a pic of a explorer se pro,

Bigtom123 said:
Actual se pro says (professional) in red letters on the side of the control box.Iv owned both the real se pro and a se with a pro coil,,never saw any difference.

It certainly does! Thanks.

Bigtom123 said:

I have the same its a great machine.