Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sea hunter II

JAN1

Good morning. I have a Sea hunter which I have not used for a couple of years. The divers visor was clear when I checked it but after I put in the battery pack the screen went cloudy and has stayed cloudy, it had not been used in deep water or used whilst diving, can anyone help with this problem please.

Was the machine kept in a colder environment to the battery.If the machine was a lot cooler than the the surrounding air where it was opened and and a warmer battery pack inserted the temprature difference could cause the indicator to fog.Try taking the battery out and leaving the machine in a warmer room with the back off for a few days if you haven't already to see if it clears and in future make sure the batteries and detector are kept at the same temprature.The problem with these machines is they are so well sealed that adding something warmer than the casing internally, ie a battery pack,could cause the fogging problem.

Was the machine kept in a colder environment to the battery.If the machine was a lot cooler than the the surrounding air where it was opened and and a warmer battery pack inserted the temprature difference could cause the indicator to fog.Try taking the battery out and leaving the machine in a warmer room with the back off for a few days if you haven't already to see if it clears and in future make sure the batteries and detector are kept at the same temprature.The problem with these machines is they are so well sealed that adding something warmer than the casing internally, ie a battery pack,could cause the fogging problem.
Thanks for that, I was thinking that was the only thing that it could be as it was little used as I could not get on with it so I purchased a Nox 800.

I can't do without mine lol.Thought about the Nox a lot but i like simple knobs and switches so i have the seahunter and have just bought another Soverrign GT.........good luck with the Nox i'm sure you will do really well with it.👍