Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

sea hunter mark II question

outdoors

question is about the discrimination on the sea hunter how good is the discrimination in not hiding good items like rings and some thin gold chains, because you have to dig
pull tabs in order to find some gold rings and or nickels am I right? How much iron will it ignore, PI detectors will always ignore black sand...

Well I'm not sure how to answer your question, as I only bought my Sea Hun er II a few weeks ago, along with a CZ-21/10". I have been hunting with the CZ-20 for man years, and it does well. The S/H II, being pi, probably goes deeper in the salt water, but it finds everything. If I set the disc to just barely ignore iron, it will still pick up the coins fine, but I cannot tell you if deep good targets has been reduced, as everything I have found has been under 8" or 9" anyways. I have only hunted with it 1 time, in the water, at Lewes Beach, right after I got it, and got all clad, and one bottle cap.

Gold is rare on the sand, on this small, well-hunted, which is why I would rather hunt in the water, but I'm not sure the pi does any better than my old CZ-20, so I think I jumped the gun in buying it. If you don't have a good in-water machine, the pi will do a fine job for you, but I would dig it all. Even if you disc out only iron, you will miss stainless steel rings and watches.

I use mine with 0 disc for max depth and sensitivity, yea, it will pick up pieces of metal so small it will drive you nuts. HH

Sea Hunter MKll cannot disc out iron. Discreet Trash Elimination can ignore most pulltabs while still picking up heavier gold rings. Iron will still be picked up (and quite deeply). I no longer have or use the Sea Hunter MKll, but it is a really great machine. When I used mine, I would typically run it in Discreet Trash Elimination with disc at or near zero. I would switch to Standard Trash Elimination in order to pinpoint a target more precisely. I would seldom turn the disc so high as to knock out pulltabs, because that would also cause a loss of depth on some desirable targets.
My better half made me get rid of one detector when I got my AT Pro, so the MKll was the one to go. The MKll is the deepest metal detector that I have ever used(aside from the two box depth multiplier units, of course). It is great for getting deep gold, but you will dig ALOT of trash/junk/&iron targets. I guess I got tired of digging soda cans at over two feet deep.:goodnight: