Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SEA HUNTER MARK TWO USERS:garrett:

I have personally owned 3 of the units CELLARHOLERAT. The units work well, but don't count on being successful with discrimination on a submersible PI. If you hunt in the water, a PI is a good option, especially deeper water (waist to chest deep or diving). If you are planning to wet sand or dry sand, don't even think about it. It's a bad idea. There is just simply too much crap up there to deal with. A Sov or Excal would work better.
I set the Mark II up like this and as far as I'm concerned there is no other way, as I used the units exclusively for 2 years. Standard Trash Elimination. 0 Discrimation and Threshold barely audible. The unit will read waves, but don't worry about it. Stop the swing and wait till the wave passes, and continue the swing. If you get a tone dig it. Bobby pins and nails will double beep for the most part, but so do broken rings, chains, earrings, savvy? You will still have to find pull-tabs and bottle caps, if you want to find the gold. A low price to pay for the loot and the unit WILL find you the loot! If you do decide on the unit, you MUST coat the bottom of the coil with Loctite Aquamarine Epoxy. There is no coil cover available and I could wear completely through a coil bottom, in less than a month. Reapply, as needed.
I now own a Goldquest Aquasearch. It is deeper, more sensitive, lighter and 3 times the price. If you want to try a PI, then the Mark II would be a good choice to see if a PI is right for you. I have never used one, but understand that the White's PI PRO, is a good unit also. Look at the Beach & Water Hunting Forum, for more details on what works. We have had a, "what ya'll running?", but it's been about 6 months ago. Everyone chimed in and said what they run. There are more Excal users on there than anything. I have one of those too and it's a great unit. Feel free to send me a PM, if there is anything else I can help you with sir.
[attachment 59203 emblem.JPG]

GH