Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sea Hunter @ Va Beach

david764

I went to Va Beach today with my new Sea Hunter and still trying to figure out how to pinpoint with this detector. I have no trouble when the target is more than four inches but when it is close to the top it seems to be such a wide range that i have dig several scoops to get it.. I am still amazed on how deep this thing goes. I dug several hair pins and nickels over a foot deep.. I did find a stainless steel ring with a peace emblem on it. The beach is full of stainless steel rings now I know it is cheap but a ring is a ring .Oh the sea shell i found that with my foot Ouch!!!!! :rant:

Thanks for looking
David

Try lifting the coil about 4-6 inches above the target and do the X's. That should help a bit. Which coil are you using? Both the 8" and 10"x 14" mono coil pinpoints in the center. Nothing wrong with stainless steel rings. Most other hunters miss these, because they disc out the iron. I have found some nice stainless steel rings. I got this one this past Monday.....

Thanks for the tip John I will give that a try. I am using the 8 inch coil. I was concerned about the weight of a sea hunter compared to the ace 250 but after using it i really think that the weight is not a issue because it is so balanced and i can swing it for 6 to 7 hours and not really bother me other than digging holes so deep.

Nice variety of finds.:thumbup: I'm going to the beach in August and I plan on giving the 2500 a work out every chance I get.

Nice collection of finds. As John said, nothing wrong with stainless steel rings...I found 8" coil more manageable in the surf, but in either deeper (not pounding as much) or on the shoreline, the 14x10 is great...picks up most small stuff, but if going too fast might miss small gold....and boy! does it go deeep!! HH Sapper.

Nice finds David They are some nice finds you got! :twodetecting:

Nice hunt!:thumbup:Cool ring!:bouncy:I prefer the 10"x14" mono coil, although it doesn't discriminate as well as the 8". I usually dig everything anyway, but it is nice to knock out those pulltabs if there's tons of 'em.:wiggle:Happy Hunting!:)

If you flip your coil 90 degrees and just use the edge of the coil vertically, you can also easily find the target by the strength of the signal.