Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

seahunter 2

bacardi

can any one tell me if the the discrim any good on sea hunter as discrim not supposed to be any good on pi detectors

Well, I can tell you from my own personal experience with the Mark ll that the only things that you will be able to discriminate out are the lower conductors like aluminum and GOLD. It's not possible to discriminate out iron. The Discreet Elimination is a pretty cool feature that will enable you to discriminate most pulltabs and still pick up larger gold bands. However, a significant amount of depth on gold is lost using this feature and iron will still be picked up at depth.
It's really always best to dig everything while beach metal detecting because trash targets and good jewelry targets will have a similar conductivity.
Good luck! Happy Hunting!

A lot of people are afraid of PI's. They envision digging hoards of junk with little success. Let the truth be known, a PI hunter who uses his machine at the right places does extremely well. His finds include DEEP targets such as gold rings and other valuable bits of jewelery, disced out by others. Personally, I like the thrill and exercise gained from using my PI.

If you are one who just thrives on the thrill of a hunt, then a PI is a good choice for you. If you were to go to a hunted out site, you will be surprised at all the signals left behind by others. And some of those signals will surprise you.:thumbup:

From the land of the Bluenose....as with me old Seahunter XL500 i run me Seahunter MK11 flat our with no discrimination. Does work.
les.jpg