Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Search a crack house - Help needed!

bobby dadario

There is an old home that is being used as a crack house and I would like to metal detect the yard. Here is my dilemma - I asked the people who live (or squat) there for permission. They said it was ok with them, but I would have to give them any guns I find. Now they seem all messed up on drugs and alcohol, so I can't be sure who the owner is but they say it's alright. So I guess I have permission, right? How do you guys handle on-lookers and other curious folks with nothing better to do? Does anyone know what a hypodermic needle will ID at on a F75? Has anyone found any good coins at a crack house before?

Surprised the neighbors haven't complained and the house shut down.

I've never knowingly hunted a crack house, but if the house age at least pre-dates the start of clad coinage being minted it should have a few older coins. I personally don't handle on-lookers well. I don't care for people hovering around me. Even with gloves, be careful moving dirt around. Good luck! HH jim tn

There is an old home that is being used as a crack house and I would like to metal detect the yard. Here is my dilemma - I asked the people who live (or squat) there for permission. They said it was ok with them, but I would have to give them any guns I find. Now they seem all messed up on drugs and alcohol, so I can't be sure who the owner is but they say it's alright. So I guess I have permission, right? How do you guys handle on-lookers and other curious folks with nothing better to do? Does anyone know what a hypodermic needle will ID at on a F75? Has anyone found any good coins at a crack house before?
Watch your back or that crack head will have a new F75 :ROFLMAO: :D

Chances of being exposed to chemicals outside the house is a real possibility. Nothing in that yard is worth getting sick over. The “slag” or by products of making meth and some other drugs is often just poured or thrown out onto yards or alleys. Personally, there is a possibility the structure, if really a cook house, could be torn down and at that time it would be safer to get on the property to detect. Most cities will have the property posted condemned and checked before destruction. Its a small window of opportunity but a safer one.

Nothing wrong with taking a chance. Just keep an awareness about you. Maybe hit it early a m when all may still be cracked out. Just mention on the front end, yes, you can have all the guns I find and I'll keep the coins and any jewelry. A hunting buddy wouldn't hurt either. Go get em! HH jim tn

Chances of being exposed to chemicals outside the house is a real possibility. Nothing in that yard is worth getting sick over. The “slag” or by products of making meth and some other drugs is often just poured or thrown out onto yards or alleys. Personally, there is a possibility the structure, if really a cook house, could be torn down and at that time it would be safer to get on the property to detect. Most cities will have the property posted condemned and checked before destruction. Its a small window of opportunity but a safer one.
Never thought about that. Have you found much at condemned properties?

Most of the condemned properties normally are the structures, those I would probably not go inside of but you’re not going to detect inside anyways. Check with the the local building code enforcement first and see if the outside property is safe. If thats a go then find the owner and get permission. Ive never had the chance to detect empty/abandoned property where I live as one day the house was there and the next its gone. Then the construction fences go up and its more difficult to get in. I really wished I could have had a chance at a couple of older places. But again, if the house was occupied with an actual meth lab, or even a small batch cook, I would rather stay away as you just dont know where the slag was dumped.

Jeez, I know you guys are right. But the house was built in 1915, so thought I'd take a chance.
Ya better pray for guidance as you might be playing with fire & if you do find something great, they will be watching & probably take it away even by force if need be--This is a danger alert--BE very careful--Not worth your life nor getting the VIRUS from Druggies not taking care of themselves nor caring one HOOT about others! Ma Betty

Stay out while you are ahead sounds like bad news all the way around,people might be reading about you in the news paper its not worth it :eek: dirt fishing.jpg
metal boots.jpg

Attachments

• color detecting.jpg
    color detecting.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 218
I done some hunting in Kalamazoo a couple times. It's tough. I didn't go alone. I found some nice silver coins and some jewelry. Then we had problems with the popo. Searched my truck. Never went back. It's not worth it. hhrickinmi

Maybe a short personal experience will help this post. Several years ago I was responding to a suspicious person call at a storage unit complex. At this complex was an old house that the “caretaker” stayed in. When we arrived the lead deputy went to make contact with the caretaker before we searched the area. I stayed on the porch watching the aisles in the complex, then I diverted when I heard commands to stop were being yelled.

I went to assist as the deputy was part way inside the door. The caretaker had a small meth lab in the living room and tried to destroy it when he opened the door for the deputy (not realizing it was law enforcement knocking) and having a felony in progress, the drugs could have been moved or destroyed readily so he charged in in “hot pursuit”.

I was maybe 10 seconds behind when he and the suspect came wrestling out. The deputy shoved me back and told me to secure the suspect and not go in due to the active lab. Within 15 minutes the deputy began to experience a strong headache and blurred vision. An EMS crew had been immediately dispatched when we advised exposure to a lab. The deputy was taken by ambulance (crew was in protective gear) to the ER ambulance port where he was stripped down and literally hosed down with low pressure water, his clothing was destroyed and his gear secured until decontaminated.

He was not admitted but treated and released with wifey watching all night. He later said the short exposure to the chemicals resulted in the fastest he ever went to not feeling good at all. If he had not recognized the danger we were facing and ordered me out there could have been two exposures and patients.

The chemicals they use to make that crap can buckle you in a few minutes. Yes, they make it different now but a lot of the old tweekers still do it the old way. They take their spoils and just dump wherever and anyone could get exposed by walking past it or through it. What do we do? Dig small plugs in the lawn to get a good signal. Are we wearing PPE? Think about it, STAY AWAY FROM THOSE HOUSES IF YOU KNOW OR SUSPECT IT WAS A CRACK HOUSE.

... Lol.. mmm crack house? Maybe Romy Rome lost his pinky ring when he was tightening up his bitches? Pimps are always checking those hoes ....Or could find a personalized crack pipe, the finds could be endless there... If you get invited in by some toothless redhead ,just say nooooo..and run

Last edited:
... Lol.. mmm crack house? Maybe Romy Rome lost his pinky ring when he was tightening up his bitches? Pimps are always checking those hoes ....Or could find a personalized crack pipe, the finds could be endless there... If you get invited in by some toothless redhead ,just say nooooo..and run
May find a gold grill.