Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Search Modes for learning the CTX 3030.

Hello King-John,

If your xchange 2 program is not working with windows 10, I'm not sure I can help you with that. I did a quick look on google and I don't see anyone having a problem with xchange not working with windows 10. But, let's see if I understand this.

Can you start xchange 2 and does it keep running if you don't try to import any new search modes?

Someone whose XChange 2 software isn't working wanted me to post pictures of the training programs so he could copy them manually. Here they are.

Hi Harry,,

I own a few Excal II 1000 but recently purchased a CTX 3030 of which I will be getting picking up in April. I will try to do per your info but my 1 question is this,,is it possible to come and learn from you the ins and outs with the CTX 3030 I live in Northern Canada and I only metal detect in the water ,,if not to far away I am retired so driving up with my truck and camper is not a problem. I love fishing and have a very nice place here where I live but ever since I started metal detecting in 2005 in Hawaii I am hooked,,not so much what I find,,its nice to find all kind of nice things ,but giving back is also great and keeps me in shape.

Let me know if this would be a possibility. I would invite you to come and fish here if you like fishing
email me at cabinsnorth@gmail.com Thanks Stephan

Hi Harry,

I was just wondering, your training modes is set to pick up US coins, so with that in mind do you recon i can still use it in Australia?

Sorry if it is a dumb question but i am very new at this, as this is my first detector.

Regards

Hello Boertjie,

That's a good question. I'm afraid I have no knowledge of Australian coins. What I say here ranges from guesses, up to a small bit of knowledge of how coins from around the world should read on the CTX.

Some of the learning/training steps could still be useful for you.

All of your coins should read on the FE 12 line of the CTX screen. That's the 12th little square down from the top of the CTX screen. That 12th line of course goes from the very left of the screen, all the way across to the right side of the screen. All of your coins, and jewelry, should show on or near that 12th line.

Now, where on that 12th line your coins would read, I don't know. Would some show near the left side of the screen on the FE 12 line? Some in the middle of the screen on the FE 12 line? Some near the right side of the screen on the FE 12 line?

I would assume that in Australia, the more valuable coins would read toward the right side of the screen, just like here in the states. In this case, CTX Training 1 should be very useful to help you learn how to identify good signals. CTX Training 1 does not read very much trash. Trash is confusing. So, CTX Training 1 is by far the easiest and least confusing training step. If many of your Australian coins read in the detection area of CTX Training 1, as they do here in the states, CTX Training 1 would be an excellent search program for you to start to learn how to identify a 'good' signal. It is very easy to use.

CTX Training 2, 2a, and 3, are geared more for US coins. From CTX Training 1, you may want to go to CTX Training 2, and then to CTX Training 4. Or, you may want to skip 2 and go straight to 4. CTX Training 4 is still a slightly closed search program and a little easier to use than a more open program. But, it should find any Australian coin.

Here on Finds Treasure Forum there is a chart, CTX 3030 US Coin TID Chart, that lists where US coins show up on the CTX 3030 screen. I would think that there is a similar chart for Australian coins also. Perhaps you can ask about this in a post and someone can help you find the proper chart for Australia.

Good luck,
Harry