Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Search Modes for learning the CTX 3030.

Hello Bergie,

For some reason I can't find the long instructions I had uploaded with the training modes.

A couple of things first;
1. You can't just open an mlf file. You have to download it to your computer, and then import it into the XChange 2 program.

2. In my instructions I had forgotten to mention that the icons for All, File, and Recycle, don't appear until the first time you start XChange 2 AND plug in the CTX.

Anyway, first you download the training mlf file to your computer, making sure you know where to find it. Then start the XChange 2 program. Click on the All icon. The All collection needs to be empty to import a new mlf file. If there are any modes in there that you want to save make sure you drag and drop them to another collection icon. Then any modes in the All collection can be deleted. Once the All collection is empty, you should see a small icon near the top with an up arrow, just to the left of the word MAP. Click on that, then 'Choose File.' Navigate to the training mlf file, highlight it, and click on open. The six modes of the training program will appear in the All collection.

You may want to make a new collection to put them in. I suggest calling the new collection 'Training.' Then drag and drop the six modes into the new collection.

Hope this helps. If you have any problem, let me know.

Harry

As a new ctx user, your training program from No 1 to No 4 are the best, i have a XP DEUS that i was using and going over the same ground with the CTX,the amount i found was amazing,thanks for your hard work and the help to give others.

Is it possible to make an "ALL METAL"-program where the CTX3030 picks up everything. This program is ment to be used in salt water beaches only.
The need is to pick up very small or tiny gold pieces, and will probably be used to find Gold jewellryes only.

Hello nuffe2106,

All search modes on the CTX 3030 have two search patterns. Pattern 1, and pattern 2.

For all of my training search modes pattern 2 is an all metal search pattern. The screen is all white.

You can toggle between pattern 1 and pattern 2 by pressing the Detect button. That's the button that looks like the coil on a detector with some lines under it. When the screen is all white you are in an all metal search pattern.

Harry

i have read the XChange manual on how to move the training modes to the CTX and still don't understand how to do this. Can anyone provide a simple explanation on how to download into the XChange program? I am missing something in getting this done. Help would be appreciated.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

I'm not sure how far you have gotten. Have you read the Download Instructions in the first post of this thread?

Here is the basic procedure:
First, you can't download a Search Mode directly to the XChange program. You download it to your computer, and remember where it goes so you can find it later, and then you will Import it into XChange.

Start the XChange program. All, File, and Recycle icons should be on the left hand side. If not, plug in the CTX 3030 to your computer and they will appear.

Click on File. File needs to be empty before you can Import Search Modes into it. Save any needed items in File to another Collection. Once you are sure any needed item is in another Collection, you can delete the items in File. Do this by clicking on each item to highlight them, then click on the 'x' along the top of the screen near the word Map.

When File is empty, you can Import the new Search Mode into it. Click on the up arrow along the top of the screen near the word Map. Select Chose File and navigate to the Search Mode file that you downloaded. Highlight it and click Open. Your new Search Mode should appear in the File Collection. Or, in the case of the Training Search Modes, seven new modes should appear.

I hope this is what you needed. You should read the Download Instructions about creating a new Collection called Training, and put the Training Search Modes into it. If you get stuck anywhere else, let me know.

Harry

Hello Nevada Silver..... Thanks for the info. I also have a Mac Book Pro. Would you please advise me where to get the parallels program application and how to download it?

Thanks again.
Zip.

Hello zippy4zz,

You can google Parallel Products and find the link below. You can click on Buy Now, Try Now, or Download in the gray menu bar. Download will take you to some documentation to read.
http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/

You can also google 'run windows on a Mac' to find other options.

Harry

Hi Harry,
Is there any other way to download the Xchange2 Data, without using the Xchange2 disc that came with my detector? My disc drive is damaged
and I cannot download from the Disc. Can I do it via the Minelab website or some other place on the web?

Thanks,

Zip.

Hello zippy4zz,

I found this page. http://www.minelab.com/usa/apps

You can download the XChange 2 application and the manual. English I presume.

I don't think you need to download the Firmware Upgrade. ( Read the manual on exactly how this works. I'm going from memory when I set up my system.) Once you get XChange 2 operating and open, and plug in your CTX to the computer, an icon will appear at the top of the XChange 2 window 'if there is an upgrade available'. Click on that icon and the CTX will be upgraded to the latest software.

Since I am not absolutely sure if you need to download the firmware, you can ask on this forum, or send an email to support@xchange2.net. with the question.

Harry

Thank You Harry as I too am very new to this. I am sure it will help. As soon as the two feet of snow is gone I get out there! Thanks again for your time!!!

You're welcome fireman89 .

Hope you enjoy the search programs. They can make it much easier to learn how the CTX 3030 detects and represents a good target.

Thank you Harry! This is very helpful in getting started with the ctx.
How I used my Mac for the Xchange2 software:
First, I loaded my browser then went to eBay and ordered a used ATG PC Laptop and installed the Xchange2 software on it.:thumbup:

Thanks EbbTide. I sure everyone with a Mac appreciates all the info they can get on how to make XChange 2 to work on their system.

Thank you for taking the time to put all of this together! I apologize for not knowing this however I'm new to the CTX 3030... How do I add the CTX Training Files to my new machine? From the feedback I've read, you've created some excellent information for everyone to learn from.

Hello Goldpsycho,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I've been playing a computer game and check my email only once a day, if that.

I haven't loaded any new modes onto my ctx in some time, so let's see if I get this right.

Open XChange 2 on your computer. Turn on the ctx. Plug the ctx into the computer. A ctx icon should appear in the upper right corner of xchange 2. Click on the ctx icon and see what modes are already on the ctx. If I remember, the ctx comes with 5 modes already loaded. You should see those 5 modes and the Universal Settings.

First off, the ctx will hold 10 modes at a time, plus the Universal Settings. Decide how many new modes you want to add to the ctx and make sure you have enough room for them. If there will be more than 10 modes, delete some of the modes on the ctx that you don't need right now. You can delete them by dragging and dropping the unwanted ones to the recycle icon on the right side of the xchange 2 screen.

Now find the new modes you want to put onto the ctx. Drop and drag the ones you want to the ctx icon, They will be copied to the ctx. DO NOT TURN THE CTX OFF YET.

When you get all the modes that you want onto the ctx, on the lower right corner of your task bar on your computer screen, you should find a little icon to 'Safely Remove Hardware.' You may have to click on a little arrow or something to make a small window pop up to find this icon. Click on that 'Remove' icon and find the CTX listed. Click on the ctx entry to safely remove it. Now, unplug the USB cable from the back of the ctx. For perhaps 5 seconds the ctx will finish loading the new modes into its memory. When it is finished, the MineLab logo will disappear and just a regular search screen will appear. You can now turn the ctx off if you like.

If you need to, check your CTX manual and your XChange manual for some of the details that I didn't spell out. If that doesn't get you through, let me know and I will be glad to help you. Remember, I am playing a computer game and may not get back to you right away.

Good luck,
Harry