Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Searching Mode Vaquaro

Im new to Tosoro and silent searching I like to deep search for coins What mode do you use? Are you ground balancing in positive or negative balance.

Look up super tuning on here in the search bar, it gets the most depth out of the Vaquero.

I always hunted with my ground balance set a little positive.

I like a neutral ground balance setting for my ground, that is how the factory recommends setting it. If you have highly mineralized soil, then do the Monte Power Balance. that is where you bob the coil over a high mineral content patch of ground in the motion Disc. mode while turning GB knob into the negative until it gets noise on the uplift of the coil. Then turn GB knob into the positive until it is quiet on the uplift of the coil.This tune will be set into the negative region of GB and you will not hear the threshold in all-metal mode. I have played around with this setting in my ground and I did not see any improvement in performance, but I tried the Power Balance in the Pacific northwest and it did help performance. It all boils down to what kind of soil you will be hunting in.

i hunt mostly in the all metal mode, neutral ground balance. when i hit a target--i'll go to discriminate mode and turn the dial to see what discriminates out.

I think maybe 88junior meant "Power Balancing"; like Hombre mentions. Monte has posted many times about the benefits with some detectors of setting up the ground balance using this method.

Follow the link to read how it is done:
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?17,62648,62674#msg-62674

After Power Balancing the Cibola and Tejon, the ground balance ends up being a little negative of where the ground balance is set when ground balanced like the manual says for a neutral ground balance in all metal mode. In other words, when I hunt in discriminate mode, I will hunt with the ground balance a little on the negative side. Vaquero should act just like the Cibola does. Hope that helps.
Cheers,
tvr

I usually run my Vaq a little negative when searching for deep coins in disc mode. I ground balance per the manual then turn it an eighth to a quarter turn towards the negative side. It seems to work out well in most conditions except for high trash or highly variable (in terms of mineralization) soil. In high trash or variable soil, I set the ground balance more neutral to reduce falsing and "chattiness." A slightly negative ground balance seems to give more sensitivity to high conductors like silver and copper.