Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Searching old foundations

Ricki7

When searching around old foundations , what areas tend to be most productive. Most have been dump sites and anything inside the hole is hard to dig.
I 'try to imagine play ares and walkways , large trees first. I'd like to know how pro would start searching a site.

Hey, welcome!

Theres a lot of posts interspersed throughout most of these threads regarding cellar hole hunting...a guy sort of has to try to find them and glean some info...

Another thing you could do is to go to the "American Ghost Town' section of this Forum and read some of those stories...'CharlesB' has some great info, experience and reflections on how to hunt a place such as an old foundation or old yard site...Good Luck, let us know how you are doing!:clapping:
Mud.

Thanks , I will look him up.
I have about 3 days around a old camp of some sort here in WNY. I have found wheats mostly from the 40's, 2 nickels one I can read 1961 most of the coins are In bad shape. Along with tokens about the size of nickels with a hole in the middle, one side ( no cash value) other side has ( for amusement only ). All within a small area of the camp.The whole area is several acres a mix of older and newer trees and brush, the coins were mostly 2-6 inches deep. I know they closed a YWCA camp near by in the 70's so I think it's from around that time. The road way was gravel and one building had a concrete drive and side walk and celler. I found 7 water well casings , some had black plastic water feed to the cabins,two gas meter hook ups ( no meters) about 7 telephone poles 3 fallen or cut. Everyone says find wheats and silver close by , after finding some wheats I searched inch by inch with the 5-8 coil and head phones,pro zero , max sense. And only found more wheats and tokens and the usual trash.
Good Luck to you

Thanks for the tip.
I finally found silver a. 1962 quarter and a 1941 merc dime in the same area I was finding pennies . Originally I switched from standard to pro because I found coins deeper at my
Home getting 6-8 inches deep. In the woods using pro working around brush and leaves I think I was missing signals . I was back on standard when I found the silver close to holes I have dug befor. I' m concluding that standard is better in the woods around here as the coins are closer to the surface 1-4 inches and on grass the pro gets a better read on deeper coins. I'm using the Garrett headset. Does that make sense to anyone or is it just luck from day to day?
Good Luck

Sounds like you're doing real well! I've tried hunting old foundations around me and have come up empty. Too much trash for my short attention span!

I look of the entrance door and work out and around, this place was some sort of camp and the hot spot was in front . They may have used the front as a play area ?