Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Season opener includes Standing LQ in pretty good shape and (?)Mermaid

osgood

Well some good weather got here and i was finally out today. This quarter (1923) was in a spill about 5 inches deep with the Buffalo nickle and some wheats. (earliest wheat was 191:geek:. It gives me a new appreciation for the art in the SLQ. To date id thought it a rather dull issue. But i guess its cause the other three Ive found in the past were so worn away. Believe me I looked for an S mint mark but no luck. The Barber dime, 1898, was in a different area at the same site, as was the "mermaid". Tried to find more of her. Shes about 5 inches long across, and very heavy. Either brass with green patina, or gilded lead?. Note the nose appears to be rusting. Anybody seen a pattern like this? Back of a chair? on a mirror frame? Will go back tomorrow, see what else i could find. It is a grassy buffer area along the major river here. Now gotta make sure i dont agitate my neck and shoulder too soon into the new season. Good hunts all, thanks for looking. CO

All excellent finds. Very impressive. Congratulations.:clapping:

Outstanding finds Curt! :clapping: Stay healthy, we need you this year...getting off to a late start and all.
Mud

That was an excellent hunt. Nice to see those S L quarters with a date. Good luck net outing. HH jim tn

Excellent finds !

Hey OS,
Not sure if you use any type of harness or what detector you use but one of the sponsers here sells a padded shoulder strap with a bungee cord that is very simple and effective. Detecting Buddy.
Hate to see you injure yourself so early.