Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Seated / Barber / Old Nickel Spill / Old Naval Button

floodplaindetector

Finds are from the past 2 weekends at researched old city parks, old schools and a fairgrounds. Machine used was my Minelab eTrac.
The 1887 Seated Dime was a complete surprise as it came from a site that never produced a barber coin. Only Mercs and Roosevelt dimes.
The Sterling religious medal was found at the same site.

On Sunday I dug a 8+ inch deep 12-28 signal which is usually aluminum junk or possibly a button. To my delight, it was an old nickel pocket spill.
The old spill had the following coins: 1899 V Nickel, 1913 Buffalo Nickel, 1916D Buffalo Nickel, 1916S Buffalo Nickel, 1916 Wheat Penny.
That was a good example of how it pays to dig those deep odd tones as the mix of the higher conductor penny skewed the nickel tones.

The old cuff button was about 7 inches deep and read like a nickel. It came from a site that produced a 1864 2 cent piece years ago. It looks very similar to some of the Union Civil War Naval Buttons.
Thanks for looking!

Dave

Coin Finds
12 Silver dimes back to 1887
4 Silver War Nickels
9 Buffalo Nickels back to 1916.
7 Jefferson Nickels from the 1939-1956
38 Wheat Pennies back to 1912
Foreign Coins are a 1999 Euro 10 cent coin and 1972 stainless steel canadian quarter

Other Finds

Old Naval Cuff Button (Possibly Union Civil War)
Thick Sterling Silver Religious Medal
Cross with necklace (Surface find from an old park – This is going to my wife as she really liked it)
Kids silver plated ring
Old Cuff Link
Handle from old hand drill
Spoon Handle
Pocket watch part
Misc. small buttons
Music box reeds
2 Reflectors

SilverCoins.jpg
OldNavalButton.jpg
OldNickels.jpg
GroupShot.jpg
SilverMedalUncleaned.jpg
SilverReligiousMedal.jpg
RelicsAndJewelry.jpg
BrassTradeToken.jpg
SurfaceFindCrossAndNecklace.jpg

Finds are from the past 2 weekends at researched old city parks, old schools and a fairgrounds. Machine used was my Minelab eTrac.
The 1887 Seated Dime was a complete surprise as it came from a site that never produced a barber coin. Only Mercs and Roosevelt dimes.
The Sterling religious medal was found at the same site.

On Sunday I dug a 8+ inch deep 12-28 signal which is usually aluminum junk or possibly a button. To my delight, it was an old nickel pocket spill.
The old spill had the following coins: 1899 V Nickel, 1913 Buffalo Nickel, 1916D Buffalo Nickel, 1916S Buffalo Nickel, 1916 Wheat Penny.
That was a good example of how it pays to dig those deep odd tones as the mix of the higher conductor penny skewed the nickel tones.

The old cuff button was about 7 inches deep and read like a nickel. It came from a site that produced a 1864 2 cent piece years ago. It looks very similar to some of the Union Civil War Naval Buttons.
Thanks for looking!

Dave

Coin Finds
12 Silver dimes back to 1887
4 Silver War Nickels
9 Buffalo Nickels back to 1916.
7 Jefferson Nickels from the 1939-1956
38 Wheat Pennies back to 1912
Foreign Coins are a 1999 Euro 10 cent coin and 1972 stainless steel canadian quarter

Other Finds

Old Naval Cuff Button (Possibly Union Civil War)
Thick Sterling Silver Religious Medal
Cross with necklace (Surface find from an old park – This is going to my wife as she really liked it)
Kids silver plated ring
Old Cuff Link
Handle from old hand drill
Spoon Handle
Pocket watch part
Misc. small buttons
Music box reeds
2 Reflectors

View attachment 16154View attachment 16155View attachment 16156View attachment 16157View attachment 16158View attachment 16159View attachment 16160View attachment 16161View attachment 16162
Congrats on the nice old finds! Ma

Wow! That is so impressive. Good going.

Nice finds I'm turning to water detecting soon grounds so dry here...
Mark

That makes the sore muscles at the end of the day not so sore.......

Nice job on the old parks research. Very nice finds. I like the way the 1913 Buffalo still has shine on it where another coin laid on top of it.

Thanks for the responses everyone!
Regarding the age of that button Robert, I am no button expert but a very experienced detectorist told me it looked to be a Union Civil War Naval button.
Something new to add to my collection that I have never found before anyway..
Dave

Some amazing results as usual.
I agree, some of those mixed signals we sometimes ignore could in fact be pocket spills.

Thanks for the responses everyone!
Regarding the age of that button Robert, I am no button expert but a very experienced detectorist told me it looked to be a Union Civil War Naval button.
Something new to add to my collection that I have never found before anyway..
Dave
The button is very sweet that for sure.