Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Second civil war hunt

Nate’s metal detecting

Was able to go on my second civil war hunt today and found my first buckle, first civil war button, and my first enfield bullet that looked to be carved down using a knife. If anybody has a guess as to what the object to the right of the buckle is I would love to hear them.
A3457944-478A-4E5C-AE4D-A4950D8BA8CE.jpeg

Thank you! I have a friend that’s looking into getting into detecting and I told him the simplex is the way to go!!
My ONLY exception to this is if you want to hunt exclusively old sites. Like 1800s home sites with lots of iron. Then no question, I would be grabbing a Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro (same as g2,f19,goldbug) for that. It may actually be a tie in my book. The simplex is about to get a big step up in iron performance when NEL drops their small coil for the simplex. The next step would be to correct the tone breaks in park 2 to be like park 1.

My ONLY exception to this is if you want to hunt exclusively old sites. Like 1800s home sites with lots of iron. Then no question, I would be grabbing a Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro (same as g2,f19,goldbug) for that. It may actually be a tie in my book. The simplex is about to get a big step up in iron performance when NEL drops their small coil for the simplex. The next step would be to correct the tone breaks in park 2 to be like park 1.
I 100% agree with you for the trashy iron filled sites with the 11in coil is very difficult. I thought about getting the 9.5x5 but I’m going to hold off until Nel releases their coils

Great CW saves. Love the lead, buckle, the general service button,and the other items. The tubular looking brass piece on the far right looks like it may be a crushed scabbard tip. The carved top portion of the bullet could be a game piece of sorts. But you probably already knew this.Nice hunt. You are doing great with the Simplex.

A 2 tone ultra fast Park 3 mode would be killer too!