Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Second detector

Kiwi

Greetings from down under,
I have just purchased a Beach Hunter AT3 as a second machine and hope you good people can give me some tips and advise about using this machine on beaches and out in the shallow water.
I know this is not the correct forum, but I posted a similar message on the Garrett forum on the 17 October and haven't had a reply ( I guess they are all too busy with the latest machines) as I have asked questions on here and have always got goo help full replies
One question about it (might be similar to other machines) does it have to have a ground presence to trigger response as have tried air testing it with a old silver coin but no response.

That would be unusual in my opinion. I think every machine should have some reaction. But, I have not been at this for all that long so I may not know. I am thinking of getting the new AT Pro in the spring as a 2nd detector (another 2nd). Go see your local dealer and see if they have ony input.

HH
Jeff

It's been awhile, but I don't recall it requiring a ground presence to get a coin alert on silver coins. But why don't you try the same test by placing the coin on top of the ground, just to make sure. Also, when you do pass the coil over the target, make note of whether the Threshold increases in sound, decreases in sound, makes no change or changes to a bell tone. If working properly, and the Non-ferrous discrimination isn't set too high, it should change to a bell tone on silver coins. If you don't get any Threshold sound at all, it might be something as simple as a bad set of headphones. Other than that, and making sure your settings are at the default levels, I'm tapped out! JMHO HH Randy

Thank you for all your helpful advise, another question does anyone know where I might get a wining diagram from, as I checked the continuity of the coil plug & only have continuity through 2 of the terminals, please correct me if I am wrong but thought that the coils have 2 separate circuits, one a transmit & the other receive.
So I am hoping that the coil is ok otherwise I have bought a dud

Try the modifications forum also maybe someone there knows and will be willing to help.