Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Second Dig Ever!

TeenDetector97

Well, I happened to get out on this chilly day, and decided to start at the woods on the side of the house. Using the Bounty Hunter VLF, I actually found some awesome stuff for the first time! One being, a very old horseshoe!
IMG_0545_zps05f777fe.jpg

Cool stuff!! I have never found a horseshoe in over 40 years. I found one once in a hollow branch of a tree at a farm that I do maintenance on. All I can figure is someone hung the shoe in the tree and the tree consumed it. I am glad to see a young person get into detecting. There are many wrong paths to follow but metal detecting will always be exciting. You will have many dry spells but then one day you get that big dig and you get recharged to stay with it. Good job on the finds!!

You act like I did 30+ years ago when I started. It is fun to dig up old things like that. You need to put that in a frame. You will soon find money, than gold.. Just get out there and try to have fun. That is what this hobby is all about. Having fun.. Good luck the next time out... KEN

Thanks! And I have found 11 Cents so far in the back of a local school! lol I am actually looking for a new rig, as well as an old map of my town. I really plan to get big into Metal Detecting. Its exciting every time I hear a beep, no matter whats there. Right now, the first step is to slowly learn all of the lingo for the hobby. lol

Welcome! And may you have many more exciting finds in your future. :clapping:

Try this link for old maps of your location: http://www.historicmapworks.com/ Entering your county and state should get you off to a good start. :thumbup:

PS: It takes a pretty fast ISP or lots of patients.

HH:detecting:

TeenDetector97 said:
Thanks! And I have found 11 Cents so far in the back of a local school! lol I am actually looking for a new rig, as well as an old map of my town. I really plan to get big into Metal Detecting. Its exciting every time I hear a beep, no matter whats there. Right now, the first step is to slowly learn all of the lingo for the hobby. lol
Go to Historicaerials.com and you will find old photos of your town. It even has a slider that lets you compare newer pic to older ones. Sometimes the resolution is not so great but there are topographical maps the will show where a structure stood. Research is half the fun of dirt fishing. Best of luck on your endevours. There is a wealth of knowledge to be gained on this site as there are several expirienced fishers here.

Surfinsafari said:
TeenDetector97 said:
Go to Historicaerials.com and you will find old photos of your town. It even has a slider that lets you compare newer pic to older ones. Sometimes the resolution is not so great but there are topographical maps the will show where a structure stood. Research is half the fun of dirt fishing. Best of luck on your endevours. There is a wealth of knowledge to be gained on this site as there are several expirienced fishers here.
Thanks both of you! I was googling old maps of town with no luck. Now I think I found the solution.