Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Second hunt with the Core...

JFlynn

Got out yesterday for about an hour fifteen up till sunset after filling my belly up with Thanksgiving dinner. There's a small old barn still sitting where a farm/old homestead used to be across the street in the woods. No spectacular old coins or silver but targets, clad, to be dug. I hunted right in front of the cover on the side of it. This place is really infested with iron, old nails, pieces of barbed wire and just big iron. Using the small coil on the CoRe the machine stood out big time. I've ran a lot of machines and have never had anything just flat out separate so well. I mean iron in every shovel full as to be expected here but the ability to pic out a penny or dime or rather let you know it's there is uncanny. There has to be something special about this coils detection field, sharp, narrow, or whatever, I just know it works very well. Dug coins up to six inches deep within sometimes half inch movements of the coil itself from iron. Very sensitive seems like and does not appear to blend metals near as much as other detectors in the IDing of them.

I've only got about 2 hours on the machine since I got it. What is intriguing me is with the headphones there is a special halo sound that is unmistakable when the detection field goes over something round. It has a very smooth almost crescendo with a fuzzy sound for a lack of better words as it travels past the target. When you hear the report and you slow the coil down to just barely moving it is very pronounced, it's a dig me now sound to me. I noticed it air testing the machine last week and it's the same in the ground. A very slow movement accentuates it. Here's a pic of where I was digging.

Here's the targets from that spot, like I said nothing special but lot's of ferrous material in the ground.

I haven't ran the stock and the large coil yet but if they have some of the same attributes this small coil does, watch out. The small coil is superb.

Have you scanned that area with any other detectors in the past?

The Etrac has been there, Sovereign gt, 705 and the Deus right after I got it. None of them had a small coil they had the standard coil. It is crazy full of nails and barbed wire.

Great finds, congrats! I'm going to be getting a Fors CoRe in January. I was wondering how it hit silver with it's 15kHz frequency. Keep the post and finds coming!