Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Second outing, cane field

mcuch

Went to the cane field by the old plantation, just dressed for the cold weather. Getting that F7 I just couldn't stand not getting out there and using it, and having acre's upon acre's of an old plantation field to hunt on. The spoon was broken but still together when I dug it up and the buffalo nickel rang up as foil, I'm digging all foil signals from now on, I passed on a few but decided to dig that one. The nickel is in bad shape but I could make out the date being 1936. I don't know how old the spoon is but it seems to be made of copper, don't know if it could be civil war or not but pretty nice old spoon for being found in the cane field

Nice hunt !! I can't wait to get my F70 probably Wednesday but maybe Tuesday. I have a couple places scoped out to put it to test. I respect you guys who hunt those fields. I usually stick to parks, schools, and older yards or curb strips. Congrats on your hunt !!!

Here's hoping you get your F70 on Tuesday and no later than Wednesday, I don't mind hunting fields, never know what might be dug up. Always hoping to hit a few good ones, there is one place not far from me I would love to hunt, got turned down though. There is a Sacred Heart Academy that has been in operation since the early 1800's, when I think about all the things that could be in those grounds, drives me nuts not being able to hunt for them. With close to 200 years in operation with girls going to school there and living on those grounds, you know that ground has got to be holding some terrific finds. I was told since those grounds were walked upon by a living breathing Saint, its considered Hallowed Grounds. There was a Priest there that became a Saint, that is the reason no digging can be done, even if it isn't that much digging involved, dig a plug and replace dirt in hole and plug back in, but got turned down. Union troops occupied the area during the Civil War but promised the grounds wouldn't have any fighting on them.

mcuch said:
Here's hoping you get your F70 on Tuesday and no later than Wednesday, I don't mind hunting fields, never know what might be dug up. Always hoping to hit a few good ones, there is one place not far from me I would love to hunt, got turned down though. There is a Sacred Heart Academy that has been in operation since the early 1800's, when I think about all the things that could be in those grounds, drives me nuts not being able to hunt for them. With close to 200 years in operation with girls going to school there and living on those grounds, you know that ground has got to be holding some terrific finds. I was told since those grounds were walked upon by a living breathing Saint, its considered Hallowed Grounds. There was a Priest there that became a Saint, that is the reason no digging can be done, even if it isn't that much digging involved, dig a plug and replace dirt in hole and plug back in, but got turned down. Union troops occupied the area during the Civil War but promised the grounds wouldn't have any fighting on them.

Wow sounds like an amazing site !!!! It's a shame you can't hunt it. I would love to see what you could get out of that dirt. I just got notification that the F70 was here but I won't get it until Tuesday due to the holiday. I'm really excited now. Probably won't get much sleep tomorrow night. I will feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. :crazy:

Just hope that the deliveries aren't too backed up on Tuesday due to them having an extra day off. My F75 would have been delivered the day after Christmas but the mail lady delivered my mail just after dark and was worried about my long driveway being muddy and didn't want to come to the house because she was scared she couldn't see good enough and might get stuck, had to wait till the next day. I know your pretty excited just knowing your about to get yours in your hands tomorrow, bet you recheck your yard with it after it's delivered. Yeah, that Sacred Heart Academy would be a Great place to hunt, thought about trying to get in touch with the Arch Diocese and check with them about hunting that Academy. Tell them like I told the Woman in charge of the Academy, if anything found pertaining to the Academy, I'd turn it over to them for their History of the place. I just want any old coins or jewelry that might or should be in the ground after almost 200 years of steady occupation, plus whatever was dropped by soldiers during the Civil War.

Thinking about going back to that Cain field or maybe try getting some more permissions around that area to hunt, maybe the properties behind and on the side of the old plantation house

I would at least give it a try!!! All they can say is no. Good luck with your permission. I think i will go to the post office when they open in the morning and see if they will let me pick up the F70. Otherwise, I will be waiting and watching out my window.:fisher:

You can go online and put down your option as to pick it up or have it delivered, just use your tracking number and there is the option to change it, you'll be able to pick it up right after the post office opens, then you can get to hunting later that morning

Thought you might like hearing that, get that detector tomorrow morning and get to learning it, I'm still trying to learn my 75, only been out a couple of times with it but the urge to go today is strong, might have to give in and go, try to start this new year off right

Something really outstanding I just have a feeling, is going to come from those fields you are hunting. Hope you are able to get out today. I know a couple of memorable hunts occurred for me on New Year's day. maybe so, you. Good luck and HH jim tn

and proper function will cease.
Years ago it happened to me, and the units LCD started to freeze-stopped to save the unit.

Lucky you, here in W Tn it's 19, up from 10 on my temp. gauge. Regardless, I be heading to the woods tomorrow. HH jim tn

Good luck with your hunt in the morning, hope you make some good finds. It was pretty much steady temp. of 32° all day, I was very comfortable in what I was wearing. Didn't get cold but it does make your nose run. Found a bunch of iron and a little can slaw but a few other little things, get some cleaned up and will put up a couple of pic's.