Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Second run out

Ronstar

Yesterday I went to the big intramural play fields. There hasnt been much activity this spring, some due to the Covid BS and more so the wet weather. This area has not been overly hunted but it has been gone over pretty much at least once.
Set it up in F discrim mode (M1), sens took the full 25. Everything pretty much default modes. First hit was a dime at about 6-7”, hit was clear. The ground here is still wet but not soaked. Pinpointing seems a bit off to me as loudest and clearest “squeal” was off to the side of the target a bit. I do wish the depth indicator was on the pinpoint screen. Kept on working a wandering pattern and ended up with 5 dimes, 2 quarters, 4 Mems, and 4 zincs. The coins do hit loud and clear so full on non ferrous should be obvious.
The zincs came in all over the place number wise, Probably more towards the tabs and pulltops but had to dig as a lot of pins, tokens, and other junk jewelry lies about. Dimes and copper pennies seem to be nearly the same numbers and I’m not experienced enough yet to pick out nuances in the tones yet.
So far I am happy with this machine, most all the coins were deeper than what I normally find. The signals that FerroCheck reacted to were in fact some type of alloy trash (one half of this field was filled with construction debris and other trash to level the field up to the others height and then covered with clay and dirt). Much like Elmy’s Magic Program this feature will probably steer one away from digging a lot of trash.
One thing I will be doing is taking a small notebook and recording each find with the pertinent recovery information (numbers, depth, angle of target in the ground, settings, modes, a soil conditions), fastest way for me to learn the new language.