Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Second Seated in a week with Racer in iron :cheers:

DigFella

Took the Racer to another site. This one where an old inn once stood so it's loaded with square nails. Several Indian heads, barbers, etc have surfaced in the past. Locals consider it hunted out, but I love going & testing new units there. This time I tried the racer with the smaller coil & 3 tones. Love 3 tones on the preset 70 & 10 disc!
I got this whole handful in only a few hours in the afternoon. Including another seated- this one a half dime that someone tried to hole.
HH

Hi Bill,,,,Looks like you had a good successful hunt congratulations.....Some of these coins look like they came from a driveway especially the half dime, would this be correct?.....Thanks for sharing.........JJ

Great observation. They actually ripped up a road & some of the coins were under it mixed in with loads of iron...

I would say wait till the snow melts and Bill goes crazy hunting old places he has hunted...the racer is a very good detector and it should be...Why didn't fisher just come out with a new flagship then they would be back in the game

I'm not really experiencing many overloads, no more than say on my T2. Only on say a shallow can or something. Might be different at a cellar hole, but the site I've been hitting is all nails mainly. I'll keep you posted if things change....

Great finds! Woohoo

You have a pre-production unit, they amped up the 3-tone mode on the production units, I wonder if they're more prone to overloading?

I took my Racer out today to an early 1800's site that I've hunted many times, only got a couple of overloads, but there's not many targets left at this site, it's been stripped clean. I got a couple of pieces of lead, a shotgun butt, and dug a couple of super iffy signals out of boredom that were square nails, no keepers from this site.

When are you going to do some AT Gold comparisons? You'd better get the nel sharp (5in) coil to make it fair.

Great Digs Bill!!

Love seated !!!

Yes Ive quickly became a 3 tone Racer Freak!!!

the audio nuances are so much more in 3 tone Vs 2 tone VCO...WOW i never thought I would say that..

I would not trade my un-amped 3 tone !!

Keith

Keith Southern said:
Great Digs Bill!!

Love seated !!!

Yes Ive quickly became a 3 tone Racer Freak!!!

the audio nuances are so much more in 3 tone Vs 2 tone VCO...WOW i never thought I would say that..

I would not trade my un-amped 3 tone !!

Keith

Keith, I'm beginning to think that these pre (un-amped) models have ALOT to do with maybe being a more stable unit...vs these many reports of "overloading" and such that people are posting about. Maybe since they have upped the gain/sensitivity for the US shipments!? Some are talking about taking the batteries out to try to stabilize their machines... But then again others are realizing that they ground balanced over hidden targets or large iron?

I'm not sure what to think anymore. I got the CoRe a few weeks back, and want to get a Racer as well. But now I'm thinking about waiting a while to see how this overloading thing plays out. :stretcher:

I kind of like the mid tone on the three tone more testing for some of us

Hey Bubba could be ??

I was not a huge fan of messing with what worked...I really did not see a need to increase the 3 tone depth...

I think the 3 tone was perfect like it was..a good bit of people questioned why it was less depth...but it was less because it was a different designed mode all together. its non vco and the tone is as deep as the I.D.. if it beeps it i.d.'s...on the VCO two tone it does not have to give a visual to give a audio report.. in my 3 tone it does...not sure on the new amped up 3 tone..does it give a visual i.d. the same depth as the tone or is the tone deeper..

I like mine ( 3 tone) with the tone as deep as the Visual I.d. nothing more.. perfect for site work in trash..

Keith

Keith Southern said:
Hey Bubba could be ??

I was not a huge fan of messing with what worked...I really did not see a need to increase the 3 tone depth...

I think the 3 tone was perfect like it was..a good bit of people questioned why it was less depth...but it was less because it was a different designed mode all together. its non vco and the tone is as deep as the I.D.. if it beeps it i.d.'s...on the VCO two tone it does not have to give a visual to give a audio report.. in my 3 tone it does...not sure on the new amped up 3 tone..does it give a visual i.d. the same depth as the tone or is the tone deeper..

I like mine ( 3 tone) with the tone as deep as the Visual I.d. nothing more.. perfect for site work in trash..

Keith

Keith, seems production units work in 3 tone same as yours as far as giving tone with TID. I've tested mine in air using quarter. In 3 tone if you get solid tone you get TID. In 2 tone over same quarter you get TID at similar distance as 3 tone, but about a small coil thinkness distance more you get tone with no TID. This checked at gain level 95 ID filter 5 (both 2 tone and 3 tone)

I like they added more depth when wanted or needed. I believe gain 39 is the same as gain 70 on test machines. All machines overload. My omega was overloading with 5" coil on 1" deep steel bottle cap Sunday and the Racer with 11"dd did not.

detectingMO said:
I like they added more depth when wanted or needed.
They added ample adjustability. I am not big on 'depth' talk all the time because most targets I recover are not all that deep. However, the Racer is providing me better depth of detection that other makes and models I have been using with comparable size coils and settings.

detectingMO said:
I believe gain 39 is the same as gain 70 on test machines.
I don't. I have my preproduction Racer and I have a production Racer I just got so I can keep different search coils mounted and have a quick-change at a site if necessary. Besides, I love the Racer and wanted a back-up or 2nd unit should I need it. I have done air tests and in-ground comparisons on located targets with changes in the Gain, and I see very little if any difference in the 3-Tone search mode. The newer Racer works just the same ... excellent ... as the pre-production unit,

detectingMO said:
All machines overload.
Not that you can hear. Many makes and models do not have an 'Overload' audio response so they might encounter a big and/or too close target and you wouldn't hear it if the Discrimination rejected it and the detector lacked an
'Overload' audio..

detectingMO said:
My omega was overloading with 5" coil on 1" deep steel bottle cap Sunday and the Racer with 11"dd did not.
Different search coils and possibly different settings for Gain/Sensitivity. The smaller the coil, like the 5" Omega coil I have, the tighter the EMI and it can be more easily disrupted and produce an Overload than a larger-size coil might. Too many variables to compare, except at that moment, at that site, with those detectors, and then only if you tried to duplicate the coils size and type, as well as the settings.

Monte

So Monte, do you need to lower your sensitivity on the production racer, since they made it "sparkier" for the official release version, vs your pre-production unit?

bubbadirect said:
So Monte, do you need to lower your sensitivity on the production racer, since they made it "sparkier" for the official release version, vs your pre-production unit?
No real difference noticed yet. I'm headed out the door for some detecting as soon as I finish tying my boots, and I'll do more coil switching and comparisons [size=small](since I have the small 4.7X5.2 on my pre-production Racer and the 5½X10 DD on my new production Racer)[/size] and I'll even use the stock coils on both models, side-by-side with comparable settings.

I recall when Dilek at Nokta/Makro Detectors mentioned prior to the Racer's release that they might bump up the 3-Tone mode performance to come close to the 2-Tone mode, but personally I was kind of hoping they wouldn't change it from the pre-production unit they sent me and Keith and Steve and whoever else got one. "Sparky" is exactly what these units are, even as they were initially, and I don't think they needed more juice. Matter-of-fact, it's my belief that too often we see people crank the Gain up to try and achieve what they think is better performance, but too much can be harmful.

Frequently I have mentioned, in my evaluations or in replies to forum posts, that a reduced Gain setting can still be very impressive. There might be a little loss in overall depth, but there can be an improvement with more modulation and less saturation in the audio report. They can also work a little better in dense trash conditions

I'll get back on here later today after some side-by-side comparisons, using the stock 7X11 DD coils as well as accessory coils, of how my Pre-Production and new Production Racer's compare in the 3-Tone motion Disc. mode. Maybe there is a difference I haven't observed yet, but so far they both work similarly and both work quite well. :thumbup:

Monte .

Keith Southern said:
Hey Bubba could be ??

Keith

Hey Keith, was it you or someone else that said in 2 tone, if it BEEPS and does not a visual TID, then it is trash? OR COULD IT BE a deep/deeper target?

If it's a deeper target, I wonder if you can "hear" the difference in ferrous vs non ferrous?

Do you know?

Thank you,
Bubba
P.s. I agree TOTALLY with you. Why would makro amp up the sensitivity on the production racer, when the preproduction units tasked about by you, Monte, and a few others WERE AWESOME?

HMMMM