Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

second silver this morning.

jld66

my second silver find. 1900 dime in rough shape. an old hotel complex built in 1902. broken up in the early 60's in three different lots. buildings still there and remodeled over the years. have permission on all three. i did one this morning. also, few wheats pennies, clad, 35, 351, 32, 22 casings. real trashy ground. good practise though for learning the vaquero.

That's a terrific Barber Dime! :cheers:

What were your settings?

tabman

Great job learning that Vaq and it looks like you have an awesome spot to hunt. Slow down in those trashy areas, overlap your passes, and take your time. You will find more!

tabman said:
That's a terrific Barber Dime! :cheers:

What were your settings?

tabman
thres, 2 o'clock, sense just in the red, disc at 10 o'clock maybe a wee bit below, gb neutral. this and a 1857 half dime awhile ago disc out about the same spot as a penny. i am finding out that if something max's out the disc, it is usually large iron or a can. always trash. still dig it to make sure though.

Rainyday101 said:
Great job learning that Vaq and it looks like you have an awesome spot to hunt. Slow down in those trashy areas, overlap your passes, and take your time. You will find more!
oh yeah, was my second hit. i slowed down. however, did not get more.

try a negative ground balance, seems to work better for me looks like a really good spot , I like that dime

kaolinwasher said:
try a negative ground balance, seems to work better for me looks like a really good spot , I like that dime
yes kaolinwasher, i have read about the negative GB and it being a bit more sensitive for silver. how much negative though? say, i GB it to neutral, how far do you turn the knob negative. this would help. i am now it a fun contest on a tesoro facebook site with a guy from texas and one from arkansas for who finds the most silver coins thru october. yes, i now the texas guy is in this forum too. i turned him on to it. we are all using the vaquero's. it's just for bragging rights and a laugh. texas and i are at 2 apiece, arkansas 0. we are all pretty much noobs. thanks.

If you ground balance to neutral in the middle frequency , then switch it to the lower frequency , the machine will be slightly negative. Thats what I have been doing. If I power balance , in my soil , it is too far negative and the machine gives false signals.

hatpin said:
If you ground balance to neutral in the middle frequency , then switch it to the lower frequency , the machine will be slightly negative. Thats what I have been doing. If I power balance , in my soil , it is too far negative and the machine gives false signals.

Power balancing is going as negative as you can in your soil without getting false signals. Apparently you're setting it too negative and not getting rid of the false signals when you are pumping the coil. I find on my detectors and soil the optimum setting is about a 1/4 turn to the negative after I get a neutral ground balance. I suppose switching to a lower frequency does about the same thing.

tabman

Just so you hear it when you lift it does not have to be to hyper,

The few times I tried power balancing I would run into areas where it falsed. The machine would run fine for awhile. I just didnt like running it on the edge like that.

hatpin said:
...anyway a two silver morning is fantastic. I dont get those much nowadays.
no hatpin, my second silver ever.haha. thanks all for the tips everyone. i agree with hatpin on power bal. just too hot. i feel that way right now about supertune, i dont do it. i will try all these out. thanks again all