Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Second time out this Year

KVM2

Wandered around where I found the silver dime and charm first trip.. This time a total of 80 some cents as a Thomas Jefferson dollar coin(first one of these), two clad quarters, three clad dimes, some cents. One , down to almost the depth of my Pro pointer was totally green.. Thought it was an Indian, however, not to be .. Was a 1913 Wheat cent.. Could just hardly make that out. Gave up on trying to find a gold ring. Area totally trash.. May wait until I can get a 20 kHz coil and try some ID as opposed to mindless digging .Will try and spend a bit of swinging time in a very old area, I hope has not been covered over. Asked permission, and will rake the yard into searching squares. I get to search, and an 85 year old sweet heart gets her yard raked. While this is going on, have some really old places to get permission for.......

sounds exiting to me - what kind of machine are you swinging, sounds like a beast if you got that penny at 13" deep nice find to

Machine is a Vaquero. 10 turn pot, and 8 1.5 volt batteries. Coin was a 1913 wheat cent. Actual depth was close to the 8 plus inch range..about far side for what a Vaquero can pull in moist , non mineralized soil...At 76, I am getting to the point where even this is too much, and like a fool , am considering a DEEPER machine. I am seeing some instances where the units have fantastic depth that can't be used on most sites... What I do, depends on the sites available... Get permission to the ones I want, new detector in the $800 range... As it is , the Vaquero is still one of the big boys, and that $800 may not be cost effective.. Never know until the money is gone.. Your brother still collecting St Christopher medals?

Sounds like an interesting machine you have there. Batteries under the cuff? That would balance it out nicely I'm sure.
Good luck with getting permission.

Nice going!:thumbup: I hope I'm still able to dig targets at age 76.

tabman