Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Second time out with CZ7a puts money in my pocket

donl98632

Stopped by a small park today to give the CZ7a a second try. Got a strong signal, that hit at foil. Dug down 4 inches expecting a foil ball when out comes a shiny silver looking ring. Took to the place I usually sell finds and it was gold and platinum, sold it for 162.00. Would have posted a picture but did not have my camera along. A starting to really like this detector.

Indeed the foil segment contains over a third of gold jewelry lost...Coil to nickel bounce is another that should be investigated. Indeed tip of the hat for a nice find....

Nice going on a nice ring ! Like Dan said if you are looking for gold jewelry pay close
attention to foil and foil to nickle bouncing signals. The CZ7A is nicely balanced too as
no doubt you have found out. Good hunting to you ! Gene

Got this from the forum ....................... Not my tests ..................... want to make that clear..someone else did the testing..

0 rings hit as Iron
25 rings, 16% hit as Ring Tab
61 rings, 38% as Foil
48 rings, 30% as square tab
15 rings, 9% as Nickel
8 rings, 5 % as Zn penny
4 rings, 2 % as High tone quarter/penny

In his excellent book about the CZ line of detectors, he has a chart that shows 161 gold rings that were sampled, what audio/meter ID they fell into when testing with a CZ6a.

From this it can be derived that if you want to just gold ring hunt with a CZ, concentrate on digging the mid tones. From the test results, 84% of the gold rings fell into the mid tone category.