Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Second time with new deus hit a gold coin wow!:detecting:

My second time out after getting my new machine from Evan at BBH and i strike a gold coin wow! Still cant believe it!:yo: Every few hours have to go look at it again just to make sure its real ha ha ha! Still cant believe it!:drool:

20141009_171941_1.jpg
20141009_172026.jpg
20141009_130410.jpg
20141009_131134_1.jpg
20141009_131158.jpg

That is definitely on my bucket list!! Congrats on a super sweet gold coin!!

Awesome!!!
Congrats

Kickindirt said:
Its 1859S

I just checked the PCGS website and the 1859-S $5.00 gold piece has a mintage of less than 100...the find of a lifetime! Your coin is worth literally thousands because of the low mintage! Great job! You should send in your story to the XP website!

Check it out here: http://www.pcgscoinfacts.com/Coin/Detail/8283

What a stunning find,what a stunning detector :thumbup:

Just one question though,what is the dark staining on both sides of the coin,why i ask is gold either a coin or artifact comes out the ground the same condition as it was lost or dropped in the ground,by the nature of gold it does not tarnish or rust or corrode,so i am trying too work out what the dark mark is ?? Just curious more than anything.

WOW....:surprised: Huge Congrats.Thats gonna be a hard one to top.I would deff contact the XP company and fill them in on your good fortune.Well done.

Mega B said:
What a stunning find,what a stunning detector :thumbup:

Just one question though,what is the dark staining on both sides of the coin,why i ask is gold either a coin or artifact comes out the ground the same condition as it was lost or dropped in the ground,by the nature of gold it does not tarnish or rust or corrode,so i am trying too work out what the dark mark is ?? Just curious more than anything.

Good eye for detail mr! It looks like to me that it was sandwiched between two other coins!

CZconnoisseur said:
Kickindirt said:
Its 1859S

I just checked the PCGS website and the 1859-S $5.00 gold piece has a mintage of less than 100...the find of a lifetime! Your coin is worth literally thousands because of the low mintage! Great job! You should send in your story to the XP website!

LOL actually its 13000 minted i wish less than 100 thx mr

Ok, first off I will scoot over and clear a space for you on the very elite Gold Coin Club! I found mine like a month ago.....

Do send your story to Xperia finds, I just won the prize for last quarter, pair of video sunglasses, like three hundred bucks.....

What program did you use, what freq and what did it TID at?

I still do not believe my great skill.....lol ok, luck at finding mine

Congrats!

Jim

Kickindirt said:
CZconnoisseur said:
Kickindirt said:
Its 1859S

LOL actually its 13000 minted i wish less than 100 thx mr

I misunderstood that...it's actually less than 100 surviving coins present today vs the original mintage amount. Congrats to adding to that number!

Sleepyjim said:
Ok, first off I will scoot over and clear a space for you on the very elite Gold Coin Club! I found mine like a month ago.....

Do send your story to Xperia finds, I just won the prize for last quarter, pair of video sunglasses, like three hundred bucks.....

What program did you use, what freq and what did it TID at?

I still do not believe my great skill.....lol ok, luck at finding mine

Congrats!

Jim

Jim i just took the deus fast program and turned it down a bit for all the trash, tx2 instead of tx3 and changed freq to 12 kHz. and dropped sens to 65. It came up little below the nickel range like 50-51 in the ground, air tested at 57 same as a buffalo nickel.

First or second time out great find, seems to be a theme with new Deus users.
The stories keep coming. I'm happy for you albeit a little envious. Of all coins, gold is the only one I would really like to find.
You have a great spot! Keep searching, it's sure to cough up a few more stellar finds.
Congrats!!!!!

Wow, not only gold, but rare gold at that! Nice find and congratulations! Now go sit on the porch and leave some for us....Lol. Just kidding. Thanks for sharing, beautiful coin. I would think the discoloration would come out. But you are very wise not to mess with it.

That is one amazing find to say the least!

Great find, great story, great photos . . . . . . you really have to submit the story to XP Americas for their Real Find Contest . . . . . . that's a tough one to beat!

Here is the lionk to submit the story and photos: Real Finds Page

Good luck and hope you make another killer find like this!

Andy