Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Second trip to

digginLa

the park with my 705. I was hoping to hunt in all metal and 99 tones like some of you have suggested but just the time in took me to find a place that was target free to gb made me decide to swap to option 2 and hunt in pattern 1 and 99 tones. Still way to many targets under the coil at one time, so in the end I switched back to pattern 2 and 99 tones. I was still getting lots of hits over sweep of the coil but at least it was more manageable now and I was able to home in on targets in between the trash especially by using the pinpoint feature to get a lock on those elusive 38 signals. I had lots of 10-12, 28-30 and 32 numbers popping up that turned out to be tabs and screw caps. I still ended up digging quite a few tops that came in at 38 but I more or less expected that anyway. Anyway's hunted for about 3 1/2 hrs ended up with 5 quarters, 8 dimes, 3 nickels, and 17 pennies for a grand total of $2.37, also found 2 keys but I don't remember what the id'd at somewhere in the 30's I think. The deepest coin I found was a dime at 7" pretty much everything else was from just under the surface to about 4". I think I need to get the 3kz digger coil and see how well it would do. So all in all not to bad a day going back over a spot that I've hunted before with 3 other detectors. Settings for yesterdays hunt was gb at 29 ( different spot than last time and I made sure nothing was under the coil) noise cancel at 2, sensitivity at 28, 99 tones and pattern 2.

a lot of times I find more with the Sens down around 22-24 even though I could run it a little higher ... Congrats and you will love that digger coil if you get it

Yeah I thought about turning the sensitivity down but just never did. My main goal for this hunt was learning to listen to the different tones and trying to get an idea of how the numbers match up to different targets in the ground. For example I threw a nickle on the ground and swept the coil across it and got a tid of 16 but all the ones that I've found so far have been a solid 12, although if I remember right the tone has sounded a bit scratchy.

you really did good on the junk to keeper ratio ... most places I hunt I hunt over and over so I dig pretty much everything above iron just to clean it up for later in case something is deeper under the junk

Wish I could do that there but even if I set the disc to just under nickel I'd be digging so many targets it would take quite awhile to just clean out a 10x10 area the area is just covered in screw caps and tabs. When in all metal I would get readings of -6, 10, 20, 24 and so on with each swing of the coil. Maybe out away from the pavilions and play area's it might not be so bad but where I've been hunting I wish I could just magically move the top 2 or 3 inches of dirt and run in thru a sluice then try to detect what was beneath it.