Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Second trip with the GT

mick

Well, there was a slack tide today and my daughter has a cold so I decided not to head to the beach. Instead I hit a spot near home. I wanted to experiment with the sensitivity knob a bit. Worked less then 2 hours and found $2.02 in change, a chain and pendant, and a ring. When I first saw that chain I thought "Yee Ha!" Gold...but upon further inspection I saw the word Avon stamped on the tag and the tell tale signs of gold colored pot metal. Pretty funny. I know you veterans have been through that. The ring is .995 and has a purple stone. It's a bit light for Amethyst but who knows. At least I'm hearing the targets.

I love the Sovereign. It's easy to set up and not all that hard to use. I'm still swinging the 10" Tornado coil. I've been looking at the Sun Ray S-8. We have some really low tides coming. I want to be ready.

mick

Nice finds Mate. The Sovereign is a great machine and it sounds like your doing well with it. I heard good things about it before buying it and since I've owned mine it has done nothing but impress, it has a good solid build, a lot of options(shafts,coils,etc), and if you build a waterproof box and get some underwater headphones you have an excal 800 or 1000 depending on which coil you like that day:detecting: Yea that gold flash gets the heart going then the Avon stamp saves you by slowing it down again:biggrin:

Careful about judging Avon jewelry Mick. Huntress is an Avon lady and there are some real gold and silver jewelry available, although it does sound like your piece is possibly one of the plated ones. Great finds!

Gulf I looked at that one and the WOT which do ya think? And GH is right on that Avon is not what it used to be Mate, times have changed I thought the same thing as you can see from above until I met the Huntress, that company has changed a lot since the 60's, and now sell real stuff to so you have to check.

n/t

Thanks GH,
I looked it over pretty good and it's junk. It was the right color...LOL...but the wrong material. Tomorrow is a -1.7 tide at aroung 4:00 PM. I'll head down to the beach and see what I can find. No storms this year and I doubt if there will be any really good cuts, but it will be about 70 on the coast and a real nice day. Thanks for the info and support. I'll get that first gold yet.

mick