Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Second week out w/excalibur, Santa Cruz beach boardwalk, CA.

Kyle in Sac

Not too sure yet what's a "nut" or a "ticket" or whatever but below is my finds for Sunday at the Santa Cruz beach boardwalk. I hunted in the mine first but the wind picked up and I got beat down pretty good by the waves so I moved to the lane. As nightfall came and people left the beach I decided to dry sand it behind them. Found the most in the dry sand but I'm sure the water had some treasures as I was asked several times to help find items for people today. Unfortunatly I couldn't find any because the surf was too rough. Towards the end of the day I found the small gold ring. It's real small so I figure it's a toe ring maybe? It's stamped 18k so I'm happy. Clad come out to 4.83 woohoo. Only needed 5.17 more and I would have got free parking!
Also talked to a local pirate swinging an MXT and he had a pocket full of coins. Claims the beach is a good producer and he's there all the time. He was a dry sander only but said alot of guys are hunting the water at low tide in the early mornings. I'll probably head back soon to hunt again at low tide. I made it about two hours after low tide this time around.
Here's the pictures,

[attachment 63498 july23rdweedendfindsbeach.jpg]

[attachment 63501 July23rdweedendfinds.jpg]

[attachment 63497 july23rdweekendfindsgoldring.jpg]

Arrrr!

[attachment 63500 july23rdweekendfindsmepic.jpg]

I like finding the small gold now and then. That lets me know that all is working well, and I am not missing the good stuff because of settings. Congrats. Kyle nice job.

Thanks for the info, Kyle. I live in King City, about 85 miles from Santa Cruz, and I guess you're about 150 miles from there... Long drive! However, since taking a look at your stuff I'm going to try a weekly outing to the area. Hope to see you out there! :detecting:

I was actually in "auto" mode for sen. and my disc was about 2 I believe. I pulled anything with a solid tone that was there with every swing of the coil.

I took the ring to a good jewelry store I use locally and they confirmed it's real 18k. Also they said it's most likely asian jewelry due to it's small size? The band is super thin like 1.5MM.
Funny thing happened, they asked me if I found it and I say yes. I explain that I metal detect as a hobby and she asked where I found it. I explained at the Santa Cruz beach. I also told her about the SS ring I found at the lake nearby. Her eyes kinda lit up and she said she had two customers within the last two weeks that bought replacement Rolex's because they lost them swimming at the same lake I found the SS ring at. One was valued at 26k. I think I'm going to hit those beaches pretty hard the rest of the summer. How cool would finding one of those be?