Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

"SECRETS ARE FOR KEEPING!!!"

GoldenRoyBoy

Monday
July 09, 2007

"SECRETS ARE FOR KEEPING!!" but the secrets out!!! I should have learned a lesson from PiggMan and "not" posted my hunting site until "after" I finished working it. :(

I got up early this morning but knowing the Trinidad Rodeo and Fair Grounds normally doesn't open until 7:am I took my time getting there. I still arrived at about 6:30am and lucky for me the gates were already open. Driving up to the arena, I knew something was amiss almost immediately. Someone had been at my site metal detecting using scoops and shovels! And, I actually believe it was two people, probably a man and a woman by the size of their shoes. The ground is mostly fine sand and was harrowed Friday. So, it was quite easy to see they did their best to steal my loot! :) They could have at least given me a call; we could have worked together although yesterday I stayed home, trying to catch up on a chore or two. Anyway, they did leave me the middle section. Myself, and Little Miss SE worked it hard shattering my nickel record set last Saturday by a mile. I called it quits at noon; worn out from gathering nickels.

Mostly out of curiosity, I'd like to know how much the outlaws managed to get if they care to share. I harbor no hard feelings; certainly there's plenty of room for all! And, Lord above knows, I'll get you back one day for sure! :)

COIN COUNT:
3.5 Lincolns (I found the other half)
187 Nickels
1 Quarter

TOTAL 191.5 COINS VALUE $9.40 &1/2 cents

Thank you for your interest,
GRB

646ad84.jpg

After reading your post I was going to charter a bus and the Michigan Treasure Hunter's were going to invade your arena.Heck I'm surprised only two hunter's showed up.

Show your favorite trout stream hole and it gets quickly cleaned out..I post on various forums and very careful to not out line good spots I have found, as many locals read the forums and may have lots of company on my next trip...

Ha-Ha-Ha, I do wish Mr. Ron; it could possibly make the all time best selling list!!!

GRB

It is a shame what happened to you! I have been going through this year talking and learning from some of the top coinshooters. One of the things that was mentioned to me was not only not to give out your spots, but also watch out for those who "offer" to hunt with you at certain spots! Still an incredible nickel count, great work.

Roy, just kidding! Too many places to hunt here without invading your area! I hate to say this, but you made a NEWBIE mistake, NEVER reveal a site at all even if you are thru with it! PEOPLE WILL COME! Also some people are very territorial and almost hostile to visitors-this should not be! Also even if you did keep your mouth shut about your site, eventually the word will leak out and you will have to contend wilh the competition!..............HH...........Joe

Joe I like to hunt alone....half the reason I hunt is the peace and quiet....except for that damn beeping in my headphones evey 10 seconds!:rofl:

I agree with you...if you find a spot or two :happy: ..... do not come in these forums and mention exact location....remember there is someone else detecting by you and he/she is closer then you think!

As far as someone else being seen in a spot you hunt...I also agree...we don't own these spots and it should not be a surprise that others hunt them too!:detecting:

Roy,you'll find a much better place.I usually have a couple of good places that will always produce a good find.I do network with a couple of hunters to be able to hunt sites with them also and trade, but some of my sites will remain unknown.