Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Seeded Hunt Settings

My club is going to have it's annual hunt shortly and I would like some suggestions on settings. The items include silver dimes, wheat pennies and brass tokens for prizes.
Nothing is buried deeper than 2" maybe 3 ". Thanks for any suggestions.

Andy's coin program would work good, set your ground balance +2.

Mostly surface items, I would think Deus Fast would be good......Maybe up sens and run!

Jim

The other thing you want to do is drop your sensitivity since the coins are not deep . . . . on hunts, try "80" and set the tones to one that you can quickly pick out as being a keeper.

For pinpointing, simply wiggle the coil side-to-side an inch or so and move it away from you - when it disappears, the target is at the rear edge . . . a real time saver in a hunt. Practice before you go to get the hang of it.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Andy

Hello Andy,

In your book under the chapter on seeded hunts, you suggest sens 70. Any reason why you suggested 80 here?

I should point out that the club uses the same field/picnic area in a national forest that we reserve each year. The fields are pretty clean of trash
as we have removed what we found over the years.

"70" or "80" is a good starting point . . . . . if you get interference, drop it and if you are finding some of the coins are on edge and giving other detectors fits, leave it at "80"