Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Seeing a lot of Deus's for sale:

Wondering if some of these guys are getting ready for the Fall/Winter salt water beach hunting season and won't be using the Deus much.

There could be many reasons. I was thinking of selling one of mine, but only for one reason. I have 2, one as a backup, but I have not had any issues ever, so one just sits. I will always keep a Deus around as I have tons of proof that there are just certain scenarios where it simply can't be beat, period. I am sure we see people selling them because they are the types who try something for a month or two, don't find a gold hoard in their local park, blame the detector and move on to the next "hot" unit. I find it interesting how there are waves of sales once someone decides to sell, for whatever his/her reasons are at the time. I think a lot of others perceive that there is something bad about that model and then quickly sell theirs thinking they are ahead of the curve.

I stick to the fact that the Deus is a fantastic piece of kit and, in the right environment/hands, it simply can't be beat. Is it for everyone, certainly not, but the reality is there is not a single machine that can claim that it is. These waves of sales are a great time for those that can't afford to pay retail to benefit from hasty decisions made by others ;) HH -Marc

Not sure where you are seeing them listed but other than what one sees on an ongoing basis, there really has not been an incxrease in Deus's listed for sale . . . . . and I think that when the 11" coil gets out there, the landscape will defineitly change and leaders in certain applications will change places.

Weight, ease of use, target seperation . . . . . not much out there that can beat the Deus in these areas let alone all three at the same time.

Some people swithc detectors on a regular basis while others take the time to learn each one and that is when the finds turn up . . . . . use what works and if the Deus meets your needs, I have not seen to many go up for sale from those that find it suits their style of hunting

Andy

i would love to see the deus work for the saltwater wet sand and shallow waters... till date, i have not found a setting that can allow mine to work well in the salt.

I just knock it up to personal preference. No matter how good a machine is there will always be people who buy it then after awhile decide it's just not what they are looking for.......and that's even if they know what they are looking for. The Dues is a unique detector which is not like anything else out there, and as such will be hard pressed to be accepted by the masses. I have a few machines that I know I will always have and a couple that I like but not committed to.....yet. The Deus is still a relatively new aquisition for me and I like it a lot.....but can't say yet if it will become a forever detector for me. My feeling is that it will but the new 11" coil will probably tip the scale if it's as good as it looks to be.

Dave

Respectfully, I think the real question is whether you are seeing more used
Deus sales compared to used sales of other high-end makes of detectors.
Personally I haven't seen any change.
As everyone is surely aware, especially in this economy, ANY two thousand-dollar machine is a very significant non-essential expeniture. (I know, I know, but compared to an unexpected medical expense, illness, car repair or leaky roof a detector is non essential.) Unless this hobby is your only source of income its still a hobby, and if faced with wih one of the aforementioned unexpected expenses, the detector will have to go.
You never know for what reason someone needs cash quick, and those reasons are no reflection of the quality of any given detector.
I also have noticed that a competively priced used Deus doesn't stay on the market very long.

bik-il said:
Respectfully, I think the real question is whether you are seeing more used
Deus sales compared to used sales of other high-end makes of detectors.
Personally I haven't seen any change.
As everyone is surely aware, especially in this economy, ANY two thousand-dollar machine is a very significant non-essential expeniture. (I know, I know, but compared to an unexpected medical expense, illness, car repair or leaky roof a detector is non essential.) Unless this hobby is your only source of income its still a hobby, and if faced with wih one of the aforementioned unexpected expenses, the detector will have to go.
You never know for what reason someone needs cash quick, and those reasons are no reflection of the quality of any given detector.
I also have noticed that a competively priced used Deus doesn't stay on the market very long.

Very good points.

Dave

I don't see where it matters...
I would rather everyone else would throw theirs away.:crylol:

Hi - I'd be more concerned if the % of Deus units put up for sale relative to the number of units being sold new increased versus the absolute number of used units put up for sale. I would venture to say that the ownership of the Deus is 10 fold what it was last year.

A natural progression would be to see more used units trading as the quantity of new units being sold increases.

I've had my Deus for 3 years - mine is one of the first 10 machines that came into the USA. I've owned and used many other machines along the way - and sold many of them - but I believe that the Deus is a machine to keep forever. I've never had 1 problem with it or the large coil and the ergonomics are the best in the industry. I've spent over 1,000 hours with it and the battery system is as crisp as it was on day one. I'm currently using version 3.2 and am very satisfied with my finds in the clean farm fields where I do most of my detecting.

With the versatility of this machine to make it become suited to your site depending on the site: for example deep seeking in clean plowed fields or super fast recovery for picking non-ferrous amongst iron - it's probably safe to say it represents at least 5 machines in one...

I'm a firm believer in the right tool for the job, and by owning the Deus you probably need just 2-3 other machines to complete a detector arsenal that can serve you well under most any condition:

1. Deus - all around detector customized for most any environment
2. Excaliber - waterproof multi freq machine for salt water beach detecting/diving
3. Good PI machine - for highly mineralized relic conditions (think Culpeper, VA), nugget detecting or deep seeking clean beach salt water

Barry Extreme Detecting said:
Hi - I'd be more concerned if the % of Deus units put up for sale relative to the number of units being sold new increased versus the absolute number of used units put up for sale. I would venture to say that the ownership of the Deus is 10 fold what it was last year.

A natural progression would be to see more used units trading as the quantity of new units being sold increases.

I've had my Deus for 3 years - mine is one of the first 10 machines that came into the USA. I've owned and used many other machines along the way - and sold many of them - but I believe that the Deus is a machine to keep forever. I've never had 1 problem with it or the large coil and the ergonomics are the best in the industry. I've spent over 1,000 hours with it and the battery system is as crisp as it was on day one. I'm currently using version 3.2 and am very satisfied with my finds in the clean farm fields where I do most of my detecting.

With the versatility of this machine to make it become suited to your site depending on the site: for example deep seeking in clean plowed fields or super fast recovery for picking non-ferrous amongst iron - it's probably safe to say it represents at least 5 machines in one...

I'm a firm believer in the right tool for the job, and by owning the Deus you probably need just 2-3 other machines to complete a detector arsenal that can serve you well under most any condition:

1. Deus - all around detector customized for most any environment
2. Excaliber - waterproof multi freq machine for salt water beach detecting/diving
3. Good PI machine - for highly mineralized relic conditions (think Culpeper, VA), nugget detecting or deep seeking clean beach salt water
WOW!!! I'm shocked the Vista Gold didnt make your list you and Carter doing all those videos and comparisons I'm surprised it didnt make the cut. Strange

I've had my Deus a month. It is a perfect match to what I want out of a metal detector and the more I use it the more I appreciate it.

Now that the Deus Ver 3 operates faster than before with a Reactivity level up to 5 - the very slight separation/speed advantage the Vista Gold had over the Deus has been negated. Good for the Deus' ability to allow you to upgrade your machine post purchase!

Unless all you do is comb dry sand beaches looking for micro gold jewelry - a machine like the Vista GOLD would no longer be needed in your detecting arsenal - that is if you owned the Deus...

PS - Other than for maybe 3-4 of the videos posted - I was not present for the vast majority of those videos that Carter posts on his Detector Comparisons channel and cannot and will not confirm his results. You would need to do all those comparison tests yourself to confirm what is shown.

you dont see many come on the market in UK ,just the odd one ,most guys are stuck to their Dues 's.
other brands are easier to buy 2nd hand ...

A few newbies need some hands on help and they will think again.

Some folks find it hard to put words into action, although these days we are all spoiled with videos.:( Jerry.

Wont see mine for sale EVER

"Git thar Firtus Wid De Mostus"

Ps 3.2 ROCKS

Happy Trails
jimpugh