Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Seeing double???:surprised:

Today, my detecting buddy and I went to a new park that is on a 1905 map of the area. I saw some plugs that had been made probably the day before, and they were filled in but pretty obvious. Disappointing. So we started near where those plugs were to see how good they did. HA! They missed plenty of easy clad near most of the plugs we saw. I got some karma by redigging a hole my friend gave up on and I said "you can have whats down here, I just wanna see what the machine was seeing." It turned out to be a 1905 Indian in really excellent shape! It was down 6 inches, so we knew that any targets 6 or more inches were the good stuff. We went for 4 hours and only got a bunch of clad, 5 wheats (mine were 1916 S, 1919, and dateless) and another Indian. I was doing my grid, and got a deep hit, showing 7 inches that seemed to be close to Morgan dollar numbers, and it was really solid. I was intrigued and cautiously optimistic. So I dug down and on the side of the hole I saw the glint of silver(because I nicked the edge DOH!). I said OMG some silver down there, finally! It looked like a dime so I was even more careful in extraction, and popped the clod with the silver in it. TWO stacked Barber quarters fell out!!! I was shaking, I couldn't believe it, another first for me! The dates are 1898 plain and 1899 O, in about a fine grade with decent details(you can see all the letters of liberty in the headband). No wonder the machine thought it was a Morgan with all the silver down there! I was using the CTX silver mode at the time with Manual at 23, but my friend had checked the un-dug signal in Combined FE coin in Auto and still got the hit. Love this machine's capabilities. Hope you all get out hunting soon!

Great finds. Nothing like double Barbers.

Wow way to go! Barber quarters are on my still to find list, among other coins. They are definitely some beautiful coins! Keep up the good work.

Nice coins. Haven't found a barber quarter in a while. Did you find any other interesting relics while you were there?

Hope you see more!

Thanks for the great story and congrats on the great finds !

Great finds! Finding doubles is a wonderful bonus!

My friend found this little copper spinning top there, with some random numbers and letters on it, like a code of some sort? Ill have the get a pic and see if we can figure out what the letters/numbers mean. There weren't alot of signals in the area we covered.

That is cool, congrats

Nice finds buddy. I would love to have that double vision.