Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Seems y'all really like the MXT pro! Please, tell me why!

PulltabPirate

Thanks for y'alls opinions about your fav. 'tectors! Seems that MXT pro is something special! I MAINLY hunt coins & jewelry at parks, churches & old house sites & very occasionally get the chance to do some C/W Relic hunting. I'm also going to join a worldwide organization that helps people find their lost rings etc... Please, this would be a BIG purchase for me! If you would, would you please give me your opinions in these areas concerning the MXT PRO...?

1 - How does the depth compare with the Spectrum XLT? (If you've ever used one)
2 - How is the depth over all. (Compared to other units you've used)
3 - How is it "In the Iron"??
4 - How is it in bad trash? (Target separation)
5 - What is it's sensitivity to low conductors (Gold rings etc...)
6 - How is it on deep silver? ( A Biggie for me!)
7 - How is it in "Crappy" ground? (I live in N. georgia!)
8 - What do you like the most about it? The least?
9 - What coils are available for it? That BIG 12"er might be TOO Big for the trashy areas I hunt!

Sorry for the "Book" guys I just don't want to make a mistake on this one! Thanx in advance...:pulltab:

I can't comment on all your points but I will say it is definitely sensitive on the gold, very small gold with the right coil. It's separation in trash (again with the right coil) is very good. The selection of coils is unmatched. (The DD coils will probably shine in your ground). Combine that with it's ease of use and adjustabiliity and it's a formidable, adaptable (and most importantly, fun) machine in all types of hunting. JMHO

1 - How does the depth compare with the Spectrum XLT? I had one . I like the depth better when using the 9.5 or the 8x6 sef.
2 - How is the depth over all. I find 8 and 9 inch stuff with a id and beep showing. I dug a bullet a 12 inches when I heard the shisper of the threshhold 3 - How is it "In the Iron"?? My soils not awful here in southern Tn but its bad on the ridges. It does better than my V3I 4 - How is it in bad trash? With the SEF 8x6 its awesome. The 6x10 also works great. It seperates great 5 - What is it's sensitivity to low conductors. Its awesome on gold with the right coil. Found rings with all three coils mentioned. 6 - How is it on deep silver? It is awesome. Found it deep and in trashy parks with it. 7 - How is it in "Crappy" ground? I am 50 miles from georgia and I lovemine 8- What do you like the most about it? Easy to use The least? No noise control on volume so when I hunt without headphones
9 - What coils are available for it? That BIG 12"er might be TOO Big for the trashy areas I hunt. There are more coils and choice for it than you can imagine. The 9.5 is a all around great and is not heavy, The SEF is one of my favorite. The big 12 is heavy and not much more depth.

The thing I can tell you the most about the Pro is I would recomend it to anyone and know they can turn it on and hunt and not worry about anything but preset on the controls. A buddy of mine just hent tot lots, parks and old homesites. He uses the 5.3 and he can pic and chose threw pulltabs and can slaw allday. he finds alot of stuff people detect over every weekend. the f75 is a good machine but its noisy, My PRO runs quiet and smooth. Lee

I have dug wheaties at 10" with the MXT Pro, and with an accurate VDI indication, and tone ID. In my book, that is good depth. I have bad ground in my area, and the MXT Pro seems to handle it as well as my DFX, or V3i. The experts may say that that cannot be true, but that is the way it seems to me. What I like about it best is that it is simple, and most importantly, fun to use. And you don't come home after a day detecting wondering if you have 14 settings improperly set for the conditions that day. There is no second-guessing about how you have had the detector "set up." Personally, I like that.

Thanks guy's! I really appreciate the info & have been talking to White's today 'bout the MXT pro. This F75 LTD, yea, yea, yea, it's DEEP but NOISY & I feel kinda guilty for jumping the White's ship anyway!! Just to show you how White's units have treated me over the years... http://www.flickr.com/photos/danluther/ - Hope you enjoy! :pulltab: