Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Seen a first today...

matthias

For the first time in 3 years, today I saw another detectorist. He was at the tot-lot that I pass every day going to my spot with the piles of fill. I couldn't believe my eyes. I felt like talking to him but I was intimidated. He looked like he was dressed for playing golf and he drove a white BMW. Me...I look like Pigpen from Charlie Brown, I drive a 12 year old Subaru which hasn't been washed in years, I was soaked in perspiration and I haven't shaved in a few days. Anyway...I hope he doesn't like getting dirty and he stays on the woodchips. HH. Matt

:pulltab:Well I know a joke about BMW cars, but don't believe it would be totally appropriate here. I'll just say when I go MD'ing I resemble your dress a lot more than his. Actually I don't think I own any clothes that would make someone guess I was going to play golf. On the other hand who knows maybe he's a good guy ( my first impressions been wrong too many times, But golf clothes?) Artie

Matthias, first, I wear either sweat pants or shorts when hunting and might not have shaved in days. :biggrin: The way I figure it if another hunter is uppity then that's his problem, as we are the scorn of civilization to most people. :biggrin: So beggers can't be choosers. Shorts or sweats make for much easier bending down then blue jeans, and if he's wearing cacky pants or something like the other guy said he probably isn't a real detectorist and his wife lost a ring. No kidding, go back and check the spot as he probably rented a machine or bought a cheap one at Walmart and missed what he was looking for. Probably ran disc way high or something and missed the ring or whatever he was looking for.

Second, I always talk to hunters when I see them. I will always stop and talk to shoot the bull with them. You can pick up some good tips for sites that way too.

Third, ain't seeing you much lately in the Sovereign forum. That AT Pro got you riding high and not wanting to associate with us anymore? :biggrin: Miss your posts, as I know you didn't replace your Sovereign but just added the AT Pro for faster swinging days or water hunts.