Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Seen It All Now

Fishers Ghost

Well I thought I had found just about everthing there was to find in 48 years, but No, Today, using the Infinium at batemans Bay Australia I found a Golf Club, No 2 iron about a foot down in the sodden wet sand on the high tide line Been there a loooong time and the shaft was cactus but the club is still in good usable condition. I dug around a bit just ta be sure that there was no arms n legs attached Ya gotta wonder how someone would loose a golf club on a smooth open beach:cheers::ausflag:

Yep Ron, that was a doozy all right, and there is not a golf course within miles of the beach.
The more I think about it the more strange it seems to be. it was a beach not used by many people.
Maybe I will go back and poke around a bit more and see what else turns up.

As a golfer...I can tell you that the club was not lost...it was tossed. Have you ever tried to hit a 2 iron? Very, very frustrating. I'm a 4 handicap....and can only hit one about 1 out of 3 times. I wouldn't be surprised if the golfer buried it himself, so he wouldn't be tempted to use it again. lol