Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SEF 10X12 for GT

mrcolin2u

I am looking at getting another coil for my Sovereign GT. There's is a new one on ebay from a seller in Bulgaria which is where the coils are made.
Just wondered ifs anyone here has bought anything from this seller? He does have a good feedback score but there are no return policy if there is something wrong .
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221544946532?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true

I deal a lot on Ebay and have noticed PayPal will over ride a no return policy,if the item isn't as described or not working.So it should be a safe transaction.I've seen listings from this seller but unaware of any problems.The 10X12 SEF coil is a great coil but the 10 inch Tornado has pretty much the same performance or better.I just got a deal on a Sovereign with a 10 inch Tornado Coil and tried it in a worked out park with my Elite.I was pleasantly surprised how many deep targets this coil found in an area I've gone over with the 10X12 SEF coil.Found a 1940 silver quarter at 10 inches plus and a couple of wheat's.Some targets that read 140-142 were beaver tails 8 plus inches.After yesterday's outing I reconsidered the stock 10 inch coils one of the best coils you could use on your Sovereign.Good Luck Ron

Thanks Ron for the detailed reply.
I was also thinking about the future, I intend keeping the GT and if the stck coil went bad on me I would have a good back up.
Don't know if the 10" Tornados ever do go bad though. I have had my GT since new about 4 years but notreallygiven it much use.
Thinking about a trip to UK in December and bringing it with me along with my Tesoro Bandido umaxII
CHeers
Colin

Colin,the park I worked yesterday was worked by every top of the line detector.IMHO I have more confidence with the Sovereign than any other detector including my SE.My suggestion put some field time in with your Sovereign,at first it will be like work,but once learned you will reach a higher level, better finds and more enjoyment of this hobby. HH Ron

I like the 12 x 10 SEF coil in the wet sand. I just think it allows me to run a little hotter with the sensitivity in the harsh environment. It is a very stable coil. But I am not concerned with target ID. If it beeps I dig. In fact I have dug faint nulls and had some great finds. The clue is to listen for that faint null that is small in size. Many times a scoop or two of wet sand off the top will reveal the truth.

Back when I owned my two GT's, the 10" x 12" SEF was my favorite/most used of the coils I had at the time (others were 15' x 12" SEF,12" Sunray, 10' Tornado, 8" Sunray, 8" Tornado).

The 10x12 is my go to coil at the moment but, the 10" Tornado is no slouch.

I do have a 10X12 SEF coil and used it one time about 2 weeks ago for the first time and it seems like a good coil for the little I have used it, but the 10 inch Tornado coil is hard to beat. My favorite coils are the 8 inch coin search and feel I got some unbelievable depth with it after I really got to know it and made the Sovereign easier to use for me. I had a 8 inch Sunray also that seem like it could get into iron better and the 12 inch SunRay Intruder was by far the best bigger coil I ever tried. For me the 8 and the 10 inch BBS coils that came on the XS2 and XS2a didn't do much for me along with the Joey or the WOT, but on my Explorer the Joey was very good. Kellyco had a 8 inch concentric coil that I tried also on the Sovereign as was disappointed with it and sent it back for another new one which was not any better for me and my park and ball field hunting.
I am not sure if I will be keeping the 10X12 SEF coil or not yet as I do like my 10 inch Tornado coil and don't know if the 10X12 can do much better.

Rick

Like they say, difference strokes for different folks. I have the 10 x 12 SEF, 8" and 10" Tornado coils and all are outstanding. However, I like the 10 x 12 SEF so much, I just ordered another ( from Bulgaria ) for my other GT over concerns they my be discontinued because the GT is no longer being made.

For me, under my conditions, the 10 x 12 SEF rules. I should mention though, I've only used it in wet/dry sand hunting.

It seems about half of you like the sef coil better, and half the stock coil. The 10 x 12 sef coil is only 1 inch bigger than stock, so for those of you that prefer that coil, the question is why? What makes it better, in your opinion, than the stock coil? Also, for those of you that have tried both the sef and s12 coils, which do you like better, and why?

When I purchased my SEF 10X12 I already had a S-5, S-8, Tornado 10. S-12 and the Ultimate 13. I have not used anything but the SEF for 98 percent of my hunting since I purchased it. I even sold the S-12 as I no longer had a need for it.

I get great depth, Good target separation, Very sharp DD line make it easier for me to pinpoint.

The other coils are all good coils and I can understand someone liking one of them better. The SEF works for me and does what I want a coil to do.

How about the sef 15x10 coil. Is there much difference from the 12x10.

From the information that I have been able to find on the bigger coil is that one can lose depth due to mineralization in the soil. Have not personally tried one.

I will use it strictly on the beach. I was thinking about a wot coil. The 15x12 is about a hundred dollars cheaper. I was also thinking about the 12x10 sef but it is about the same size as the 10 inch tornado that I have. I use the 800 tornado in parks.