Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SEF 12x15 vs 15" DD

Daniel Tn

Has anyone out there tried both of these coils? Pros and Cons? I have the 15" DD and am not fond of it for the weight. I did not see an increase in depth on coins or smaller size objects but did see an increase on larger items like belt plates and such. The problem is the weight. On my digital scales, the coil weighs 2 lbs without the coil cover...detector with this coil on it is extremely unbalanced and puts it just over 5 lbs on my scale.

I have a 12x15 DD SEF for another detector and I don't know if it weighs the same as the T2 or F75 SEF but I weighed the one I have and it is coming in at just at 1.4 lbs. So its a little over a half pound lighter than the factory 15" DD. I put this SEF on my lower rod of the T2 and its amazing what a half pound difference makes!! If the 12x15 SEF T2 coil weighs the same as the one I have for the GPX and can equal or surpass the 15" DD I will have to get one. I see reviews for the other manufacturers on the big SEF but not for the T2s or F75s.