Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SEF 8/6 COIL COMPAIRED TO WHITES 6/10 COIL

jimmy clark

has anyone used both the sef 8/6 and the whites 6/10? thanking about trading my whites 6/10 dd for a sef 8/6 dd just wondering if theres a noticeable difference in depth?

I used the White's 6x10 on my MXT Pro for at least 2 years before I got the Detech 8x6 sef. Detech hands down much better. My Pops uses one on his M6 as well. Better separation, smoother, better depth. It seems to sound better on good targets. After 2 years(ish) with the SEF I decided to see if maybe I was wrong. I got a brand new 6x10 directly from White's and slapped her on with hopes of restoring my faith in White's coils. After hunting the beep out of it for at least 2 weeks I confirmed my initial thoughts that the Detech SEF is much better. It does like bottle caps though. The Detech is one of the only three reasons why I still use the Pro. I am admittedly a White's guy but I like what works best! I wouldn't get rid of the 6x10, but I would definitely get the Detech 8x6!

8x6 is a depth monster, Mars coils 6x10 has better depth than the whites coil

Hi Diggin, have you ever used the Triger coil? It is about 10x13" I have been thinking about trying one of them. Would like to know if it is any better? flintstone

I have my eyes on that one too but i think youll get the same depth as a sef 10x12 wich is an awesome coil too

I think the big coil range the Dady of coils is the 13 ultimate

so your saying that the sef 6/8 coil will go deeper than the 6/10 whites coil? and would it be as good,or better hunting in tight places like close to sidewalks?

Sidewalks 5.3 or the 4x6 and the mxt has its limits near iron mesh, a classic 3id or an idx with a 5.3 is a killer in sidewalks

ok all thanks for the info.Ive been using my dfx for 16 years.i do use the 5.3 coil most of the time looking for rings.some people look at me with a crazy look when I tell them, even though the dfx isn't a depth demon,it has the best I.D.for gold rings.Ive used several detectors.I can tell 99 percent if its junk.and 90 percent if its a gold ring.but if I'm hunting in a spot where I know theres deeper targets, ill use a deeper machine.it did take me several years to tune my ear.

jimmy clark said:
ok all thanks for the info.Ive been using my dfx for 16 years.i do use the 5.3 coil most of the time looking for rings.some people look at me with a crazy look when I tell them, even though the dfx isn't a depth demon,it has the best I.D.for gold rings.Ive used several detectors.I can tell 99 percent if its junk.and 90 percent if its a gold ring.but if I'm hunting in a spot where I know theres deeper targets, ill use a deeper machine.it did take me several years to tune my ear.

for parks thats what you really need a great id machine at shalow depth dfx holds its grond there

If your white's coil is a double D coil. Whites don't know how to make a good dd coil. They are great at making concentric coils.

Exept the 4x6 shooter that a really neat dd coil