Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Selling gold

lammi

is arg refinery still around unable to find
Also Midwest is not paying as much as it use to and now wants your personal info
Where is a good place to sell scrap
Did well with ARG ??

Thanks had it wrong
Been a while since I sold
May look for different avenue as it seems they have all changed
Looks like the tax man wants his share of scrap gold as well
Never use to ask for personal info in past

Thanks had it wrong long time since I've sold anything
Seems all want personal info now
Use to just send in
May look for different avenue
Tax man wants part of scrap now

This is what ARA posted awhile back:

Hey guys, this is Russell from ARA I'm one of the guys in the front office up here. I just thought i would give ya'll some insight as to what's going on in Texas as there has been mass confusion lately (some with us as well). They are cracking down heavily on refineries but here is what we've found.

We are required to have a Tax ID of some sort which we have found out recently is way more simple than we had previously thought.

**Per the owners, we REQUIRE a copy of one of these listed below. You will only need to send it in once and we will keep it on file. Please be sure to use the shipping list ScubaDetector posted which is also available on our site.**

"A Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) is an identification number used by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in the administration of tax laws. It is issued by either the Social Security Administration (SSA) or by the IRS. A Social Security Number (SSN) is issued by the SSA whereas all other TINs are issued by the IRS."

Taxpayer Identification Numbers:
Social Security Number "SSN"
Employer Identification Number "EIN"
Individual Taxpayer Identification Number "ITIN"
Taxpayer Identification Number for Pending U.S. Adoptions "ATIN"
Preparer Taxpayer Identification Number "PTIN"

Note: The temporary IRS Numbers previously assigned are no longer valid.

If you need/want further info here is a link regarding TIN's: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Inter...n-Numbers-(TIN)

Make sure you check out our site http://www.aragold.com/

We have the shipping list under Customer Application for some reason... our site is hosted via ATT/YP and its a pain to get them to fix it but we are definitely working on it.

There's a lot of new things happening for us down here and we are excited to share all of it with you guys!

We have a new program being developed (really close to completion) which will automatically email/text you depending on your preferences when your lot is received/checked-in with the expected due date and when it settles as well with the breakdown and amount settled.

We are moving to a new/bigger state of the art facility in a month or two so keep an eye out for that and I'll try to get back here and keep you guys updated with our status.

Also i have a more detailed breakdown of our Refining Schedule/Payouts I can email to you which we are trying to get put up on the site as well due to the one listed currently being uninformative/incorrect.

If you guys have ANY questions please feel free to contact me at russelltrippARA@yahoo.com and I'll try to get back to you in a timely manner!

We apologize if our changes have caused you guys any frustration/confusion!

-The ARA Family

As you can tell its going to affect any refinary and im sure those fly by night cash for gold places. BUT...... 98% of spot melt is going to be hard to beat especially on items like simple bands or scrap gold.

Dew