Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Selling the Pro for a GTI 2500

GoGoGopher

Well, After nearly a year with the AT Pro, I am selling it to fund the purchase of a GTI 2500 package.
I Love the Pro, but it is just too difficult to lug it to the places I hunt...I do not have a vehicle, and not being able to break the machine down all the time makes it cumbersome...
The GTI breaks down and fits into it's bag all cozy in foam...Easy to sling over my back and tote...Even on a Bicycle.
You can still find me on the Garrett Forum, and I will probably monitor this forum for a time.

HH,

I don't understand. The 2500 is one bulky son-of-gun. It won't break down any farther than the ATP and weighs twice as much. Trading 1990's technology for 2010 technology doesn't seem very logical to me. I have a 2500, but it's over in the corner in it's bag. Makes my arm hurt to even think of swingin' it. You should rethink in my opinion. The 2500 did it's job at the time, but it's no ATP!!

I break my AT down into two pieces and put it in a pack for walking. No problem. Don't even unhook the coil. With another two minutes it could be in three pieces. Not sure where the problem is but good luck!

The 2500 is a great machine.Since I got my AT Pro the 2500 sits up against my wall now. I've rehunted areas with AT Pro that I pounded with my 2500 and found old silver and coppers that I missed with the 2500. 2500 is a heavy machine and doesn't break down any easier.If you can keep it as a backup and take a friend along.

i ride a motor scooter and i use a sling on my at pro,hanging it on my back like a rifle.it don't worry me none in the traffic.the under seat storage is just fine for the rest of the detecting gear.i ride a sym vs 125,blowfly

:confused:

Well, the deal is done now and I am stuck with what I get...Oh Well....If all fails, I can always get another AT Pro.

HH,

GoGoGopher said:
Well, the deal is done now and I am stuck with what I get...Oh Well....If all fails, I can always get another AT Pro.

HH,

You trade off/sell all the coils you had for the AT?

That's a seriously nice little scoot Blowfly! They are the number one sellers in this country at the moment. The 150 looks awesome too. Taking the missus to a scooter Expo in Sydney in a couple of months. Hopefully she'll be interested enough to get one.
Good luck with the GTI GogoGopher. I've been known to break me GTI down, put it in a backpack and ride my pushbike to where I want to hunt; so it's quite doable.
Mick Evans.

Good luck with the 2500 Gogo. Hope you'll keep us posted.
I do most of my traveling with my At Pro on bicycle in a bag slung over my shoulders, broken down into two parts. Also in the bag is my hard hat, digging tool, pro-pointer, small flags for gridding, spare batteries, gloves, fanny pack for my finds, and a drop cloth which is actually a re-usable grocery bag. Has worked very well for me for a year or so.

Yup...All coils went with the Pro...I have nothing left Pro related...
Hopefully I will have the 2500 by next Friday 29th.

HH,