Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sensitivity Auto vs Manual

Beachcomber

It seems from reading the Posts that Iron targets seem to affect the Auto Sensitivity even more than ground mineralization. Places such as the locations that JimHY hunts that are loaded with rusty iron cause the Auto Sensitivity to go to extremely low levels (down to 4 in one case) requiring him to have to overide it by going into Manual Mode. On the Beaches so far I have found Auto to run higher than I can run in Manual. On some beaches where there is a higher mineralization but low iron mine will run around 20-22 in Auto. And on beaches with very low mineralization and very little iron it is running 26-27 in Auto and is quite stable. The interesting thing is that I can not run in Manual Sensitivity as high as the machine is running in Auto without it screaming like a banshee. I have to set the Manual Sensitivity at least 2-3 steps lower than the Auto setting on clean beaches. I did hunt one beach this past weekend that did have quite a bit of iron and the Auto would not go up over 18 but on that beach I could hunt at 22 in Manual. So based on what I have read from the inland hunters and what I am finding on the beaches is that iron is the biggest single determining factor as to where the detector sets the Sensitivity when in Auto. JMHO

HH

Beachcomber

n/t

I think the reason you can't run as high in manual sens as the machine runs in auto is because when you go into manual sensitivity, you are changing all three of the sensitivity channels (low medium and high), to the number you choose, where in auto sens, the number shown on the left is the highest one of the three channels values, and the only one actually shown. So auto 20 is actually lower than manual 20 in most case as the machine would still list the auto sensitivity as 20 even if two of the three sensitivity channels (low, medium, and high) were at levels lower than 20. You would only see the value of the highest:at 20. See the right side of page 54 in the manual.:detecting:

That is what I think is happening too and what I wrote in another Post I made last night. But even if it has put one or two of the channels much lower I am still getting very good depth as well as sensitivity to small jewelry. Some of the coins were over a foot deep.

HH

Beachcomber

I HOPE EVERYONE FEELS THE SAME WAY.THAT WAY MORE GOOD DEEP OLDIES WILL BE LEFT FOR ME:rofl:
AT LEAST AROUND HERE IN SOUTHWEST MO. :thumbup:

It seems that way for the beach. But on land where you have both Mineralization and Trash to deal with Manual might do a better job as Auto seems to overcompensate when it is confronted with both. I am sure it will all get sorted out as more people hunt with the E-Trac under different conditions. JMHO

HH

Beachcomber