Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

sensitivity settings!??

kgramlich

Seems that when I try to hunt with my sensitivity any higher than 14 or 15 I start to get all different numbers showing up!! Is there really that much stuff in the ground or does my 705 need sent in ? Any help will be very helpful...thanks

You may not have it ground balanced right or there may be electrical interference. Dog fences mess with them and electric fences mess with mine bad ,also over head power lines. Make sure to noise cancel to. I can usually run mine at mid to upper twenties. You can also try doing a reset on the detector. Sometimes when relic hunting my detector will go crazy for some reason and all I do is rest the detector and it fixes it. My detector has only done that about three times.

First thing I do when I get to a site that I am going to hunt, is auto noise cancel. Then I will go to AM and look for a "clean" spot to auto ground balance at. I haven't had any issues using this method. Then you can hold the MD steady and raise the sensitivity until you get "chatter" then back it off a few numbers. I do this and get good results. Good luck and Happy Hunting:biggrin:

You know,I do my sensitivity the same way.and most time I can crank it up to 30 with no chatter at all,but I usually keep it at 26

To run hot somewhere, I'll turn the Sensitivity all the way up first, then Noise Cancel, then auto GB (Tracking ON), and then lower Sensitivity until stable.
The idea is that I have the machine as sensitive to everything as possible and then back down the sensitivity after the optimum NC & GB has been selected. If you turn it up later, you could be increasing sensitivity to something that was previously insignificant, thus limiting how hot you can run maintaining stability.

Which coil are you using? I was at a park today and the AGB showed me 11:shocked: I have noticed that with the 10.5 DD MF coil I can run the sensitivity pretty high if I want but with this park not being all that old, I was running sensitivity at 17 and plucked dimes at 5-6" easily. We had some good rain a couple days ago and I imagine this helped some too. Only there about an hour and a half, pulled out 9 dimes, 8 quarters, 3 nickels, and 3 lincolns. This was in an area about 20'x30'. Obviously, I will be going back this weekend; this is a pretty large park.