Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sensitivity

Prep1957

Just curious,Since the Safari does not have any read out where you are at when put in auto sensitivity how do you know where you are at.I know what I do.Just want to know what everyone else is doing.kind of important to know on all these smaller after market coils.Probably does not matter that much since you set sensitivity to location and what coil you use that day.I know use the force and trust your Minelab Engineer or get Etrac and you would know that, should eliminate 2 replies anyway.Still would not answer my question where are you at on the 20 segment scale in Auto Sensitivity plus or minus 2 bars how did you figure that out.

I adjust the sensitivity myself, I try to run at 18 unless the area is too trashy. If I'm getting too much falsing at 18 I dial it back one # at a time ti it's stable, you want to find that area right on the fence of stabilty and instability for the best depth. my 2 cents.

Sounds good,Safari pretty easy to use, I have worked from top down also mostly with my 6X8.Have found by going to Auto Sensitivity in all metal will sweep and find smaller targets and listen to the tone and loudness of targets in auto.Then go to manual sensitivity and lower down until I match the tone and loudness that I heard in auto and read the number will give an Idea about where sensitivity was in Auto.From that number you got I raise at least 2 segments.Will give you idea on what kind of ground you have also.You can also drop sensitivity until you start losing some of your smaller targets you picked up in auto will tell you that you are between this number and this number.Lowering sensitivity a lot and setting minus 5 to 5 plus open everything else closed except 30 makes great setting for cache hunting with pro coil will only find larger iron objects and 30 open will get you mason jar lids if you want them also good for finding survey stakes.Setting sensitivity to size of objects you want to find.Some of old tools I find are worth more than the coins.